Babs for the long term

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clark, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

heres bab's stats for his career Int-11 pdef-35 tackles-504 FF-8 the most picks he has had in any one year is 3. Hes played for 8 seasons

Heres griffins stats for his career int-17 pdef-44 tackles-389 FF-7 hes had 7 picks one year and this is just only in 5 seasons!!

I don't know why it seems like every Titans fan on here never wants to keep their own players and have no problem with letting people go. You do realize how important team chemistry is right? You build chemistry by playing many years with the same players, that's how you get good. Do yall just tell yourselves it'll be ok to let these GOOD players leave so it'll make you feel better about it or are you truly that ignorant?

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I kinda agree TWW, but Griffin has definitely fallen off these past 2 seasons. If he had just had a bad year I could understand but he fall off year before last and got even worse last year.

I don't doubt his physical skills or his knowledge of the game. His head just aint right. He doesn't have that killer instinct he had his first couple of seasons. He doesn't try to blow people up to break passes up and he doesn't contest for the pick either. He's just settled for the easy picks that come right to him.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Griffin has no heart, so IDK WTF you're on, but dudes damaged goods.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWillWin2

He has fallen off but so has how entire secondary really, and thats due to our lack of pressure we get up front. We have one of the worst dlines in the NFL in my opinion we get manhandled against the run and hardly ever create pass rush. The year where our secondary performed the best was when we had a healthy inspired haynesworth. Thats our biggest need IMO (besides Oline). We need to upgrade both our lines!

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Plus, Griffin doesn't have the "it" factor that Gray is looking for from a secondary leader and former UT standout. Gray has pushed the buttons to make Griffin sack up, but Griffin is one of those quiet, let everything come to him, wish I was still being worshiped in Austin type of guys.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Most of Griffs stats come from 08 when Fat Al made almost every one of our coverage guys a pro bowler. Griff is not a top 10 safety. But he wants to be paid like one. Did you even see that TD catch he allowed vs the Colts? That was a disgrace. Let him take his off field distractions elsewhere since it's taking him so long to focus.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

PERFECT!!! You just made our CJ/Griffin argument for us. Improve the Dline, then it doesn't matter who we have in the secondary. Don't overpay scrubs on the backend when it doesn't matter if we can't generate a pass rush. Then we're just stuck in a position where we are paying guys too much who can't make plays on their own who really depend on the surrounding bunch to create opportunities for them.

8. TitansWillWin2

Babs is not the answer is what im saying!!!!

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree and that is why you don't pay Griffin. You spend his 3-5mil on helping to upgrade the DL which improves the rest of the secondary.

No matter how much some of us dislike Griff, looking at this FA class of safeties he is one of the top guys and will make decent money.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

True but he's the cheapest and most reasonable replacement for Griffin and Hope. BUT if he ends up wanting Mike Griffin type money we might as well just pay that money to keep Griffin who's younger and just might get it together.

Landry would be better than all those guys but doubt we go after him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar