Back From Nashville

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Titan1216, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

We got home to New Mexico today after 5 days and 4 nights of Nashville. We decided to spend Saturday and Sunday night downtown at the Doubletree. We spent most of the day Saturday roaming the streets. We ate at the Wild Horse Saloon that day and BB King's Club the next. First time I ever had Collared greens.......man those are good.......
    At the game Sunday we sat in the lower section home side about the 25 yard line row Q I think. Just fantastic seats ! Not what I would call an exciting game, but it was a good game for a Titan fan. There I was screaming with the others, fist raised in the air. My God the defense was playing great ! They were dominating the Chargers. Next thing I know we are early in the 4th quarter and I am already deciding how to tell the stories to my friends back home how the Titans won the game. How the Titans dominated the game ! Wow...traveling over a thousand miles to see my first game at LP Field was so worth it. But things then started to unravel. I saw that the defense was dog tired and the offense was doing nothing.. but you know..it didn't look like the coaches wanted the offense to do anything...I told my wife...Oh damn..we are playing Fisher ball. Three plays..punt and let the D win the game...the dog tired D ! I knew we were in trouble at that point. I have seen it many times. One of the coaching staff's finer moments. Anyway...we all know how that ended.
    Monday and Tuesday night we stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Resort. This place is flat out beautiful and decorated nice for the Christmas holidays. We went to the Opry Mills Mall a couple of times. We went on a historical tour. We checked out the Grand Ole Opry Tuesday night which was very good and we were lucky enough to see Carrie Underwood and Blake Shelton as well as the other stars.

Overall we had a fantastic time there. The Titan loss was hard to take. Especially the way it went down. But the food, shopping, shows, Tours and Country Music Hall Of Fame made the trip worth it anyway !

Btw.....Albert and KVB are even more dominating in person then they are on my widescreen...Man they are good...I finally got me a KVB jersey too !

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Congrats on the great visit.. We all know who really won that game..
    What part of NM are you in?

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

glad your visit to nashville was a good one

4. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

We are in the SE part of the state. Right on the state line to Texas. Our nearest big city is probably Lubbock, Texas. When out of town people ask us if we are near Santa Fe or Taos and its sad that we have to answer no because it is so beautiful up there. But we live here in the desert...flat lands and mesquite bushes. Smack middle of the oilfields.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That's cool, I haven't talked to too many folks from that corner of the state. I bet it gets good n hot eh?
    My aunt owns a resort in Red River so I've been up in Santa Fe and Taos a bunch. Nuthin like getting into the high altitudes and breathing roasted chilis from every building around.. NM is something else.. Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar