Ball Control no longer works in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Ok the steve mcnair thing was pure speculation on my part and probably isn't true but i was dead serious about the recievers not wanting to come here and us not looking for them because our offense doesn't call for them

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's time to take the blinders off.

They made offers to both Bennett and Wade who, based on their stats this season, were overpaid. The Titans outbid the Pats on Stallworth who wanted to go there anyway. They even made a play for Meshawn. They brought in both Moulds and Gage. They drafted three WRs.

All this with three WRs going into their third season who should have made significant jumps in their level of play.

Who else in last year's free agency do you think they could have made a play for?

3. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

All I'm saying is, if I were Fisher and I had a QB that wasn't very accurate (that had almost twice as many INTs as TD's )and WR's that only caught the ball half the time. And a Sure Kicker. I would prehaps be a little nervious to keep taking shots down the field so often and let teams have twice as many INTs as they did. Now should we puss out and not try, no.

Now is teams playing different now then they did? Yeah, I give you that. But at the same time, can our "Ball-Control-happy" team win games. Yes, a 10-6 season is doing something right. Is it better to "keep up with the new play style", yes prehaps. But I believe that with better/more playmakers even Jeff "the dino" Fisher can even win more ball games and even a Superbowl. Is it the best way. Maybe not. But it does win games.

4. DJB

DJB Starter

First you say the Titans didn't even TRY to get weapons then just two sentences later you say it's true they tried to sign Keyshawn. Did they try or not? Later you reference Stallworth who the Titans TRIED to sign. Do you really think Stallworth took less money in New England because his stats wouldn't be good in Tennessee? Do you really think Stallworth believed his stats were going to be awesome in NE? Do you think going to a team with a shot at the Super Bowl might have weighed in Stallworths decision? Who else could the Titans tried for last off-season? Curtis, Bennett, Wade...thats about it, and none of those guys are worth the money.

5. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Stallworth went to NE to get a ring, and NE gave him a contract that he stupidly thinks he is going to see through. Honestly I wouldnt want him on this team anyway, he is a playmaker, but if he is hurt he is invisible. And believe me i know, i live near philly and watched him play the year he was here. As for ball control? Well it works if you score TOUCHDOWNS, and hold your opposing offense to field goals or nothing. I think the offense we have is good, for ball control, we just need 1 or 2 playmakers (Ya i might be the only one, but i think Henry is a homerun hitter at RB). If we had a true playmaker at WR and maybe Gage at #2, Williams #3, we will be good. Sorry to say it but they need to cut their losses on Givens.

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Fisherball will working if, and only if, the offense scores touchdowns. That said, the passing game must be able to open things up in order to keep the ground game moving. At the same time the defense must not let the opposing team maintain long drives.

7. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Amen to that...like i said you need TOUCHDOWNS, 2 fieldgoals doesnt cover the opposing team scoring once. PLAYMAKERS=TOUCHDOWNS. Since everyone this year was able to contain Vince from getting out in open field, we need another playmaker to help him get back to that. Imagine if we had a Westbrook, and Vince's ability to run? Endlesss possibilities right there. Just give VY one true weapon, its all i ask.

8. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

After todays developments Jeff maybe agreeing with you.

9. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

The Chow firing restores some of my faith in fisher.
    Not because it was chows fault but becaus efisher said in the press conference that he wants to go in another direction.

I CAN ONLY ASSUME HE READ MY POST AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD!!! :))

10. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I was just saying it was one or the other
    Take your pick

It doesn't matter now anyway cause IMO Jeff's press conference vindicated me
    QUOTE "I have decided to go in a different direction"

To me that could only mean: AWAY from Ball Control!
    IMO Jeff might be thinking Ball Control is dead too

DING DONG THE WICKED BC IS DEAD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar