Bama Fans.. Lane Kiffin

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RazorbackTitans, Jan 10, 2014.

1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If Bama beats UT by 30 next year, with UT finally having a top recruiting class and Bama starting to slip a bit, then Butch Jones is a terrible coach.

I already consider him to be a bad coach, but time will tell.
  2. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

He is a bad coach.

Good recruiter, hard worker.

Not an X and O guy himself and brought horrible coordinators with him. Awful coordinators.

You could pretty much call our plays on offense before the ball was snapped.

What kind of moron runs a read option with three different QBs that are not run threats at all?

Butch Jones is going to try and "out athlete" everyone. That won't work in the SEC.
    You are surrounded by top 10 recruiting classes.

That worked at Central Michigan and Cincinnati and was even easier winning on the backs of Brian Kelley's players.

If Butch doesn't have a championship by his fourth year he should be shown the door.

If a coach doesn't get it done early in the SEC they never will.
  3. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

uploadfromtaptalk1389467331852.jpg
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Starter

Butch Inherited a terrible football team. I think with time they could be a much better team, but it will take a few years to get rid of Dooleys crap team. The only thing I didn't like about Jones is that he continued to play Worley the worst quarterback In college football, until he was forced to play Josh Dobbs. I hope he has recruited a decent QB, or maybe one of the guys behind Dobbs is better than Dobbs, and Worley because they are both terrible!
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm trying to understand the logic of how this is a bad hire by Nick Saben and Alabama. Kiffen was the OC for Pete carroll(Another dumb coach?) in 2005 and 2006. In 2005 USC had the number one offense in the country, averaged 49 points a game and played for a national title. So what is the problem? That was the last time Kiffen was an OC.

Then he was a head coach for the last 7 years and at the college level at least proved himself to be a good recruiter. So how is he not qualified for that job?

So you don't want Kiffen to be your head coach but he was not hired to be a head coach he was hired to be a coordinator.

You don't have to like him(You will like him less when Bama dominates) and his personality is not a threat to a guy like Saben. You can say a lot of things about Lane kiffen but he is not dumb.
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bama is not slipping they just lost about 50 players to the NFL the last 3 years. They will be loaded next year.
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Losing off a missed FG return and not giving a crap in the Sugar Bowl isn't slipping. I agree, they slept walked through most of the season but that's not happening next year with so many roster/coaching changes.
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How many 38 year olds with 9 years combined experience as a head coach and coordinator are floating around?

How many of them once worked for Pete Carroll?
  9. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

I don't want better.

I want a championship.

Butch is a **** coach and a lazy hire with **** coordinators.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

Why? He has won, and won quickly every place he has been.