BAND WARS: Audioslave vs White Stripes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, May 21, 2010.

?

Poll closed May 23, 2010.
  1. Audioslave

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. White Stripes

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

White Stripes! Jack White is currently a local Nashville boy plus the Stripes, Raconteurs, etc show mega versatility.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Stripes. Great songwriting talent, regardless of the nightmares at the mixing board.

Chris Cornell + Percocet / Lost Sleep = Audioslave.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

X2 The magic of Soundgarden and RATM was never there with this band..

Would love to hang with Jack White for a day and just listen to him noodling around with old guitars and pianos etc..

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Audioslave, 1st album is effing brilliant,2nd has it's moments ,3rd album sucked.

$hite Stripes; Jack White is the most overhyped one trick pony I've ever heard.

I hear two bars and change channels. Truly despise his discordant sound

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

what is wrong with you people? Jack White saved Rock and Roll.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

White stripes do nothing for me. Audioslave's first album was phenomenal. Only liked Be Yourself and Doesn't Remind me off their second album, 3rd was very forgettable.

White stripes just don't turn my crank at all. Their stuff seems purposely badly produced to be edgy and original. Exactly like Childress said, one trick pony.

But I have come to realize that Cornell is only as good as his band. Good with Audioslave, good with SG, terrible on his own and with Timbaland. I'd like to kick him in the nuts for that one.

Audioslave=1 and 1/2 good albums

White Stripes=0 good albums IMO

Audioslave-Winner

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Chris Cornell has simply lost his way and doesn't matter what band he's in. He peaked in Soundgarden and started declining around the time he started incorporating that aweful Sammy Hagar thing that he does all the time and has steadily declined thru Audioslave and the rest of his projects. Stupid band name. Asinine lyrics - even the band themselves knew it.. They should have stayed Civilian..

Jack White is hardly a one trick pony (the list of his varying projects is pretty broad) , though it is easy to understand why some folks just don't get it - it's too daring and raw, unpolished and nasty at times for people who want their music tamed ala Audioslave..

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Jack White has a distinctive sound.

It's the same on every single project he's involded in.

Music just love him because he's so different and out there. Bollocks. If I had the last album on earth and it was the anything to do with Jack White I would destroy it.

His sister is a hot drummer, his music hurts my ears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar