Bands we used to love...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Broken Record, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

No, you're confused,,, you just have to be drinking to listen to it ;)

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

blasphemy. :ha:

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

ha!

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Band arguments like this ^ are ridiculous.. You like what you like. As long as you're not being false about it it's all good..
    I like CCR but I get it when other folks don't. Jazz makes me friggin nuts, but I know it's like musical morphine for some..

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

No argument here. It's all good.

I could care less who likes what I do!

And I hate anything techno or rave like.

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I like music from every genre except rap and hip hop... I just can't stand that crap!

Back in the day I was big into Metallica, Antrax, Iron Maiden, and Ozzy (with Randy Rhoads) but I hardly listen to any of it anymore... These days you'll find my XM radio tuned to sports talk or local radio The Zone 104.5. I really like the idea of having a good rock station but the stations we have in N'ville aren't great.... Seriously, if I have to listen to "Barracuda" again (EVER IN MY LIFE!), I'm driving straight into oncoming traffic!! I hate that F'n song! It's probably coinsodence but it seems like that song plays everyday.... That song along with others played on these same stations leave me completely dumbfounded sometimes.... I just don't see how a radio programmer decides to play some of the terrible music they play when there is an entire library of rock out there... and they play those same crappy songs every damn day!

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the sad thing about it is they not only play the same songs, they seem to play them at the same time. When I was treadmilling the classic rock station I listened too seemed to always play the same crap every day between 6-7pm, I mean it is one thing to have a shallow song pool, but too trot the same ones out at the same time day after day is just sad. At least there is some varity on the weekends, I said some.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I dropped Metallica off right after And Justice for All
    The 'Black' album had its moment, but after that they went to hell

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I can barely listen to the radio anymore because of repetition.on top of it, the "hits" are sometimes not even the best songs from their album

there's NO WAY I can listen to a classic rock station. not that I don't like the genre, but it's because i've heard EVERYTHING A THOUSAND TIMES !
    only a small handful of "archived" music can I listen to anymore

Ac/Dc , Rush, Ozzy ,Rage Against the Machine never seem to get old, but I'm not as into their newer stuff as their old stuff (for instance, I preferred Ozzy with Rhoads and Jake E. Lee over the Zakk albums, and can't stand his new ****)

bands I used to love, or that I can no longer listen to with enjoyment:
    85% of the 80's metal I grew up on, especially The Scorpions (which I never 'loved')
    Queensryche
    Godsmack
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    Dream Theater
    et al.

today, I find myself listening mostly to bands like Breaking Benjamin, Alter Bridge, Shinedown, Funeral for a Friend, Mudvayne ...... and similar bands
    however; I cannot stand Nickleback
    no country
    no rap
    no hip-hop
    no pop

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

RC, you're not getting it, dude...

That song IS played every single day, along with the others you're going nuts over. That is the format of CRR.
    See, the method is this: the marketers go back and research Billboard charts, then play five-second clips of these songs to an auditorium of 'target demographic' who rate their enjoyment of each song on a scale of 1-5. Higher numbers get played more often.
    The radio producer and DJ has absolutely no say whatsoever in what's being played... they hate it even more than you and I do, but are paid to act like they're having the time of their life in a dream job listening to great Rock And Roll All Day!!!
    The demographic for CRR is blue collar Joe Six-Packs who's lives peaked in high school and who can't let go of the nostalgia. Why are we forced to hear this crap?... because there's simply more of those f****rs than there are of us. And after a life time of subjecting you to that, they're gonna milk you for every last dime to pay their Medicare bills.
    There's a simple soluton to this: everybody go kill your parents! :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar