Bands we used to love...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Broken Record, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Modern Payola laws require radio stations to identify the band if they were paid to play the band. Payola used to mean stations could not accept money at all from artists or record companies. Now they call it an "advertisement".

I have been contacted by local radio several times wanting to sell airtime to the band. Sad part is, even if they take payment they reserve the right to not play the music..

Of course now the stations and record companies are often owned by the same folks. It's win/win for them and lose/lose for the public..

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Probably because the only hip hop you've ever heard came blaring from some high school kids used Infinity's in a Honda Civic. You have to dig past the radio to find true lyricism.

They aren't a rock band but I used to listen to a lot of Massive Attack but now they're just meh.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Is Gary the last one now? I think there are no rules with this new version. Heck if you can have Rick and Huey in there, might as well add the keyboard player from Atlanta Rhythm Section or something.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

No kiddin...
    Gary, Artemus and a couple of the girls is it I believe..

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Skynard is a joke. It is one thing to replace a member or 2 of a band here and there. It is entirely another thing to live off the laurels of a band that most of the current members werent even originally part of.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Agreed..
    I once saw a band called Lynyrd Skinhead though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar