Barkevious Mingo

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

We are almost forced to take a Cb this year early IMO. We gotta have some leverage on Verner. Can't go into his contract year with him being the only possible 2

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't know what kind of contract Verner will demand but I think we bring him back anyway. I would like to bring in another CB but there are 3 or 4 bigger needs right now and I don't see any of these CB's worthy of a top 10 pick. Would rather bring in a vet.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

All of the measurables, none of the intangibles. Dude played with three other starters on the d-line that will be drafted at some point and he managed 4.5 sacks with 38 tackles. Whoever takes this guy is taking a big leap of faith that his athleticism will make up for a lake of instincts and technique.

If Brandon Jenkin's foot clears doctors I think he'd represent less risk and better value in the second round. Similar type of athleticism and better production.

4. The Playmaker

His numbers are concerning but...

1. We can improve his technique
    2. If you watch him play he disrupted the QB a lot more than his stats indicate
    3. Polish his game up a bit and he'll be a freak for us

He's in my top 5 I want at #10 to go along with Star, Chance, Werner, and 5th idk yet. Still watching some other players.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's the Derrick Morgan defense. We need to stop getting guys who get close to the QB and get someone who can get them on the ground.

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

same here, my list is exactly the same.

1. Star
    2. Werner
    3. Warmack
    4. Mingo
    5. Moore

7. The Playmaker

Mingo is more of a pass rusher though, with Morgan he gets pressure but it's not like he's actually getting the QB. If that makes any sense...I watch Mingo and I see him being a really good pass rusher in the NFL with a few tweaks in his game. Morgan is a good solid DE but will never be a 10+ sack guy, or at least consistently. I think Mingo can be that guy for us, definite risk but like I said if those other guys aren't available then why not.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I really get tired of people acting like we are desperate for a passing rushing end. What are we going to do bench a guy making $7M a year?

We were tied for 9th in the nfl in sacks last year. We are not desperate for pass rushers outside.

If we played the whole season like we did the 2nd half we would have been ranked higher.

We have made too much of a commitment to our 2 ends to use a 10th pick or an expensive free agent at that position.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What are you going to do with Werner?

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I like Mingo and think he could actually end up being a 4-3 OLB, with some work on his tackling in open space. I agree that he really doesn't fill a huge need for the Titans. Do we want to take a guy that is giving Wimbley/Ayers breathers and playing special teams when you could take an instant starter like Warmack?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar