Barry Bonds

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RyansTitans, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

People can't be serious thinking Bonds didn't Roid-up.. and I guess OJ isn't a killer and the holocaust never happened either..
    Bonds the best player of all-time? He'll never get my vote. 4256 hits and "hustle" get's Pete Rose my vote - he won the series, stole home, played on one of the greatest teams ever. That was baseball..

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

pete rose's whole career is a question mark. But even worse, we don't know who else he influenced. The evidence is there that he bet on the game. The real question is how far did it go. And until he tells the truth, we may never know. That is the scary part. It would be easy to get hits off a pitcher who was throwing the game to pay you off.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

His playing career isnt a question mark, only his managing career.

4. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

This is correct. For this reason, he should be allowed into the hall as a player. He holds so many records its ridiculous.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Seems unlikely to me that an addicted gambler (And he is addicted if he risked his livelihood to gamble) only bet as a manager, and not as a player. I think the odds greatly favor that his playing career involved gambling.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Bonds doesnt deserve to be in the mlb anymore, if pacman gets 1 year for conduct detrimental to the team, why shouldnt bonds get any sort of suspension for using steroids to get 730 homeruns... just one more reason for me to hate the way the mlb is run, the commish is a retard, the system stinks (no salary cap) and when someone comes in the league 6'0, 180 and is finishing his carreer 6'2 230, somethings up, everyone knows he took steroids, he knows it, its not even the fact that he took it, if he wants that record, he should man up and at least say he had to cheat to achieve it. I cant see how anyone could be supporting him, hes gone against everything in sportsmanship, cheated, and lied. Hes a modern day devil of baseball.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Here are my thoughts on Bonds:

1. He has never tested positive. (Somebody correct me if has had a positive test)
    2. He CONTINUES to ring up homers even under marked scrutiny. (Unlike Sosa, McGuire, Canseco, Giambi etc)
    3. Who knows that Aaron didn't use some type of performance enhancing substance during his day?
    4. He has a defiant attitude similar to Pac's, thus draws a lot of negative attention.

In sum, even if he does treat others poorly, you can't discredit his accomplishments any more than you can fairly give undue credit to those personalities you like. How else can the guy prove you wrong?

If he breaks the record, there is no way he deserves an asterisk. (What would you put by the asterisk anyway?)

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

*mammoth-headed cheater.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:ha:

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Who cares if he cheated. Guess what. Hes still in a uniform and hes still hitting homers. And guess what. There aint a DANNNNNNNG thing you can do about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar