Barry Bonds

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RyansTitans, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

The only reason they could possibly have a need to put an asterisk is if he tests positive for steroids after breaking the record, but if that happens they'll probably just pull the record

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i cant see how he would want the record if he didnt deserve it, i doubt he even gets it...

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The thinking of someone like Barry is that he wasn't cheating. That's how they approach it. And it's not wrong to think that, because he has plenty of reasons to think that. Baseball didn't care. That was a reality. But what he's failing to recognize are two things. A) everyone knowing and telling him it's wrong and B) it was unethical given that consensus.

That failure to listen was his ultimate downfall.

But that's where all criminals go wrong. Most of what they do can be rationalized. It can make perfect sense. It can be perfectly legal. There's some twisted logic to every crime, but what the criminal fails to understand ultimately, and above all, is that if everyone is telling you not to do it, don't do it, because it's unethical, and you may face those consequences. Criminals never realize the consequences. You don't even need a conscious anymore to make the right and wrong decision, you simly need to listen to what people are telling you. It's almost that easy. But you have to open your mind beyond your perception. Barry Bonds perception was that everyone around him was doing it, so it's gotta be ok, but you have to open your mind to a larger picture than that.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

For how old Bonds is.. Hes still destroying these balls. 42 years old.. and still knocking these little balls out of the park like hes 25 years old again.

#735 - http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2023827965

#736 - http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2023828317

#737 - http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2023828632

#738 - http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2023828875

He hit another one a few minutes ago. I shall be posting that one later.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would say there are three people now who hit the ball like that. As if they are just gods amongst men.

Pujols
    Arod
    Bonds

That's it. All three are electrifying on the ball.

I can only think of two others who just olbiterated the ball like that, and they include McGwire and Canseco. I'm not trying to say anything. I'm just saying.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

No Sosa? Did you see those home run derby shots he used to hit? Well, those were probably a direct result of his corked bats.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Who cares about Bonds, Arod is going to beat whatever records he can imagine. And he will do it with no astericks.

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

lol A Rod...

hed have to play till hes 40 and average about 25 a season.

Highly unlikely

Bonds is comming back next season also...

He aint going no where

He'll have 800 by this time next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar