Batman vs Superman (2015)

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by XO, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't get it?

So basically, it's just you having some weird issue with an actor because the name doesn't pop into your head when you think "Batman"?...

He looks the role. He's good enough to play it. What sense does it make to say it doesn't fit?

Did Michael Keaton fit?

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Almost everyone who has heard Ben Affleck will be playing Batman had the exact same reaction as me... It seems odd.

I wasn't alive when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman, so I wouldn't know.

The difference between Affleck and the other Batmans is that he has had significantly more roles (and many in bad movies) than any of the others did when they were cast as Batman... The other guys were far less known than Affleck when they took on the role. It's just going to be hard for me to take the guy seriously as Batman/Bruce Wayne. That's just the way it is for me.

We will see how he does when the movie comes out, but he won't be as good as Bale. I know that.

3. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

His "Batman" voice was horrible.

4. RavensShallBurn

Nolan's call, not his.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

The Keaton casting created huge uproar... naturally. He did fine with it, though. Far more absurd of a choice than Affleck.

But then again, Batman fanatics cried when Heath Ledger was cast as the joker. I never doubted that one, either. Didn't expect him to take it where he did, but ability was never in question.

I get that it seems "odd". Same for me. But I'm not going to act like he can't play it and play it well.

6. RavensShallBurn

I'm not a Batman fanatic at all... Wasn't even a fan (other than when I was like 8 years old and owned all of them up to Batman Forever on VHS) until I saw Batman Begins back in 2005.

I'm sure he can do a good job... and he probably will. I'll just have a hard time taking him seriously in the role.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I see what you're saying. I actually think he's going to do a good job, like Deuce said it's really not that hard of a role, but every time I see news about the movie I'm like oh yeah Affleck is going to play Batman. It's still a little weird to me but it'll pass.

8. Deuce Wayne

Unfortunately, I think the movie itself just won't allow him much praise, regardless.

Kind of like the new Spiderman with Andrew Garfield. 10x's a better Spiderman than Toby McGuire, but the movies just aren't that great.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't understand the 'its not a hard role' stance. Bruce Wayne has the potential to be one of the most difficult characters out there, it just happens to have been watered down with people who could not play the role. Be that the film itself didn't allow it, or the actor was way out of his league.

With that being said, I wasn't excited when hearing of Affleck's chance. I've never liked the man as an actor, he is just boring as all ****. I think he put himself in a bad position, lose-lose.

10. Deuce Wayne

Nah. As far as the character goes? Nothing at all hard about that.

Bruce Wayne has a decent story- not much you can do with it as an actor. It is what it is. Basic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar