Battle hopes to bruise his old team Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

A year ago, running back Jackie Battle was a battering ram who bruised the Titans in Week 2.

While with the Chargers, Battle racked up 69 yards and rushed for a career-high two touchdowns in San Diego’s 38-10 win over Tennessee. He finished last season with 311 yards in 16 games for the Chargers in 2012.

On Sunday at LP Field, Battle will face his old team, and many of his old teammates. So will the familiarity help?

“I know them, but I think it goes both ways,’’ Battle said. “They know me well too. But I think I can help a little bit with different players techniques and what their strong points, and what their weaknesses are. But then again they also know how I play.”

With running back Shonn Greene sidelined with a knee injury, Battle will serve as Tennessee’s big back alongside Chris Johnson. So far this season he has 14 carries for 34 yards.

“I am going to take full advantage of every opportunity I play, and try and contribute the best I can,’’ Battle said. “I just want to fill in with no drop-off, as if Shonn was never gone.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Just keep pounding those 3rd and shorts and you will have done your job. Really like his running style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar