Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Battle in a battle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 31, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

When the Titans added veteran running back Jackie Battle last week, he immediately entered a battle.

Behind Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene, Darius Reynaud, Jalen Parmele and Battle are competing for a roster spot.

“This team has a bunch of good backs,’’ Battle said. “I am just here to compete. I know it’s going to be a competition and I also have to prove myself on special teams.”

Battle entered the NFL with the Cowboys, but most recently was with the Chiefs and Chargers. He’s a 6-foot-2, 250-pounder known for his bruising style of play.

When the Titans faced Battle and the Chargers last season, he put on a bit of a show. Battle ran for 69 yards and two touchdowns.

“I’m kind of a straight, one-cut downhill runner,’’ he said. “So far things are going good. It is a little bit of a learning curve. But I have been studying the playbook and trying to pick it up on the run. I am catching on pretty quick.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,952
    I watched Battle play in KC and he is exactly what he says he is. A power one cut down hill runner who brings a bit of athleticism too. I'm really excited about our backfield.
  3. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $5,367
    lol its like they make up storys cuz of a cute title
  4. Msut10 Special Teams Standout

Wright
    Moolah:
    $1,355
    I really hope he sticks. I think he could definitely pick up some key first downs/short yardage tds. I know we have Green for that but Battle is even bigger. Theres no way a guy his size isnt falling forward!
  5. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,145
    I still think Reynauld will make the team over him - I don't see Mariani making it. Somebody has to return kicks
  6. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $746
    We don't really have a "star" running back (ya, that includes cj1yd) but I don't remember a time when we had such a solid core of RB's fighting for a roster spot. This is good.
  7. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $746
    If Mariani can return to form, he stays. Either way, I think they find a spot for Reynaud. He is a spark plug. Even if the spot is on special teams and as a back-up to Mark or our backs. Who knows, they might design a play to have him catch out of the backfield. Who would expect that on defense? Dude makes sh't happen.
  8. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    I'd bet my 401K both Reynaud and Mariani are not on the roster barring a string of injuries.
    We won't keep a backup return guy. Neither are worthy of a roster spot as a position player IMO.
  9. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $5,367
    wow really. anyone saying cj aint a star is dead wrong.....
  10. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $746
    Ok. I'll bite. Who is our 2013 returner?

I would not be so quick to bet that reynaud is cut. If you know how to set up a wager, ill take it.