Battle in a battle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

When the Titans added veteran running back Jackie Battle last week, he immediately entered a battle.

Behind Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene, Darius Reynaud, Jalen Parmele and Battle are competing for a roster spot.

“This team has a bunch of good backs,’’ Battle said. “I am just here to compete. I know it’s going to be a competition and I also have to prove myself on special teams.”

Battle entered the NFL with the Cowboys, but most recently was with the Chiefs and Chargers. He’s a 6-foot-2, 250-pounder known for his bruising style of play.

When the Titans faced Battle and the Chargers last season, he put on a bit of a show. Battle ran for 69 yards and two touchdowns.

“I’m kind of a straight, one-cut downhill runner,’’ he said. “So far things are going good. It is a little bit of a learning curve. But I have been studying the playbook and trying to pick it up on the run. I am catching on pretty quick.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I watched Battle play in KC and he is exactly what he says he is. A power one cut down hill runner who brings a bit of athleticism too. I'm really excited about our backfield.

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

lol its like they make up storys cuz of a cute title

4. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I really hope he sticks. I think he could definitely pick up some key first downs/short yardage tds. I know we have Green for that but Battle is even bigger. Theres no way a guy his size isnt falling forward!

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I still think Reynauld will make the team over him - I don't see Mariani making it. Somebody has to return kicks

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

We don't really have a "star" running back (ya, that includes cj1yd) but I don't remember a time when we had such a solid core of RB's fighting for a roster spot. This is good.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

If Mariani can return to form, he stays. Either way, I think they find a spot for Reynaud. He is a spark plug. Even if the spot is on special teams and as a back-up to Mark or our backs. Who knows, they might design a play to have him catch out of the backfield. Who would expect that on defense? Dude makes sh't happen.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'd bet my 401K both Reynaud and Mariani are not on the roster barring a string of injuries.
    We won't keep a backup return guy. Neither are worthy of a roster spot as a position player IMO.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

wow really. anyone saying cj aint a star is dead wrong.....

10. GOFIGURETITANS

Ok. I'll bite. Who is our 2013 returner?

I would not be so quick to bet that reynaud is cut. If you know how to set up a wager, ill take it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar