Battle in a battle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh nice, no one should be worried about Jake's completion % this week, vs Mouton anyone could hit a receiver.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not sure what you are going to bite but reading comprehension can be a dangerous thing.
    I said BOTH would not be on the team meaning ONE will but not BOTH.
    So either Mariani or Reynaud probably makes the team as the primary return guy and the other gets cut.

The other thing is I think the guy they end up keeping is going to be Reynaud. Mariani really has to shine IMO to unseat Reynaud and of course coming off the injury that might be tough. We don't need either on the roster for their positional play. A guy like DWill can be the back up return guy. It is a numbers thing and we can't keep both without cutting a superior positional player.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

You're right, I misread. I still think if Mariani comes back to form, you'll see both on the roster. I think Reynaud perhaps makes the team on special teams and is the back-up returner and also "may" get used in certain situations as a back.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No problem.
    I think the issue with either making the team if they don't win the return job is both guys would be at the bottom of the depth chart at their position and hard to justify dressing on Sundays anyway (so other STs duties aren't relevant). They would much rather keep a guy like Preston at WR and we probably won't keep a 4th RB at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar