BATTLE RAP THREAD

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

oh dear :facepalm:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Well I think I might just become the next big thing to hit the country scene. Nashville here I come.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And there you have it...
    Yes, to create a rock song you need the instruments. Traditional rock isn't skipping to the end of an already-created musical piece and blathering some mindless rhyming bits over top of it.
    Rap though, kinda is skipping to the end of an already produced (loops etc.) piece of music and blathering some mindless rhyming bits over top of it.

It's not a concrete rule necessarily, l but since I'm talking about full song creation and you're talking about just squeezing icing onto an already baked cake I'd say it applies here..

And yeah, sometimes rock vocals aren't that hard - if you're talking say, Johnny Rotten or maybe Alice Cooper, but there are also great, very talented pipes in rock as well..
    You're average person with half a brain can do vocals over a rock tune or a rap..

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not so much into Pop Country (ie not at all) but make no mistake - these guys like Brad Paisley or Vince Gill are VERY talented.
    Douchebags like FloridaGeorgia Line, not so much..

5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Yea we ain't getting anywhere here. Lol generation gap maybe?

I'm the type to have some old Korn, DMX and LP on shuffle as I work out.

Or on my ride home from work play some Toro Y Moi or some Richie Spice

I just appreciate music and respect it, regardless if it's some mindless childish rap over some loops.

But I understand why people don't like rap.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

growing up my uncle always said rap is crap, and for years I was like no its not lol

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Haven't heard rap that moved me much in recent years. So derivative and inbred (as is today's rock). Kinda like the stuff I've heard from folks like Die Antwoord etc. but if I had to pick a favorite it would still be older school like Cypress Hill, Ghetto Boys, Beasties etc.
    Mostly because that stuff is almost a soundtrack to a pretty cool era..

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uhh... typical white guy talk.

MOST people that try to rap sound corny as f.

Saying "I know how to talk... I can rap" is as equally dumb as saying "I can scream high pitch... I can sing like Steve Tyler."

I can easily say "I have fingers. I can play a guitar."

And it'd be as dumb as the regular joe that's never rapped on a track tell me he can do it. Difference is: I know better.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

bad rap

good rap

bad rock

good rock

Anyone can write a bad rap or rock song. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Just like some posters can have 40k posts, but never actually say anything.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

What - I like Gimme Shelter
    Great riff in open G. Early Mick Taylor bits I believe..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar