BATTLE RAP THREAD

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Anyway... it's out there. And believe it or not, some of these guys play more instruments than most guys you know in a rock band.

If you gave each of these albums a listen... and then told me 1. "I could do that" or 2. "Took no talent".... you'd be about the most certain case of pathological lying I've ever witnessed.

The most embarrassing part? Most of you couldn't even be the worst rapper on the radio. And you know... they're terrible. Truly.

:(

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Of course some of these guys are going to be great musicians, as would a some rockers make great rappers. I bet Tom Waits would be profound.. Joe Strummer etc..
    Off the street though - it's gonna a a lot easier to do a half reasonably acceptable rap than to tune a guitar..

3. Deuce Wayne

Ehhhh... I know FAR more people that can tune a guitar than can rap.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, I gotta side with DW on this one.
    I'm a musician- a working one- not a rap fan but no way I say it doesn't take some serious talent to spit out a mad flow. It also takes talent and an ear to arrange the backing tracks. It might sound like a little of this and that chopped together but there are reasons for what is placed where. There are MILLIONS if not billions of rap tracks and you can bet that 80% of them are snoop doggy dog shizznizzle. Rap producers hear something that we don't.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Rap is still the easiest genre to break into. You can be tone deaf and still rap.

6. Deuce Wayne

... yet most people don't have the timing for it.

Which is the most important part. People that act like it's easy to ride a beat or create a rhyme scheme... c'mon.

Again. Make a track, JC. It's easy. Shouldn't take but a few minutes.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I simply dont have the interest, and Im in an office with other people ATM

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That doesn't mean anything.
    I know more people that can write HTML than can correctly use "You're vs your" correctly.
    The latter is still easier.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not everyone can do it, but if you are musically inclined that is some the easiest stuff to master.
    It's called lyrical juxtaposition and there is no right or wrong way to do it.

10. Deuce Wayne

But there is a science to why scheme A sounds better than scheme Lil Wayne.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar