Been Away Awhile

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Hey folks. Been away from the forum for awhile, and unfortunately away from attending a lot of games. Essentially I checked out when VY threw his pads in the stands.

Today's performance was indeed the capper for me. I have found other things to do with my time on Sundays, and I cannot allocated time effort and financial resources where ineptitude and mediocrity are rewarded if not nourished.

The problems with the organization are systemic, and will not be resolved until there is a complete change. I mean change from the top down. The senior team, coaching, and scouting staffs need to find other lines of work.

Today was yet another embarrassment to the team, the owner, the City, and the fans. The lack of care from the out of town owner and his appointed local organizers are pathetic. I will not support Mr. Adams on this inept experiment any longer.

Over and out.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Can't argue with much of that.

I've never been so disgusted with any team I've ever cheered for.

I'll still be here. My city, my team.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Just stupid. Please report to LP to turn in your fan card.

Bud TRIED to get the biggest Free Agent in Free Agent history. I don't see how this is all his fault? Did he personally injure all our O-line?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Forcing the front office to draft Vince Young and waiting until mid-February to fire Jeff Fisher got us in this situation. Old Man Adams has no one to blame but himself. Those two things will cost this franchise more than a decade of progress.

5. Alex1939

I don't think it will be more than a decade of progress but I guess it's pretty damn close.

The mistake their (imo) was knowing how Fisher would react. If Bud was set on VY they should've brought in a coddler like Mack Brown and fired Fisher. Or he should've relented on drafting VY.

Or we should've been employing my strategy which I may write a 3000 word topic post on at some point.

6. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I can be a fan and complain, and still be a fan. The product on the field is disgraceful, and insulting to everyone with a PSL and season tickets. There was a point in time where my PSL's had appreciated well beyond my up front cost. Today they are worth less than my original investment, and I am surrounded by new faces at every game; most from the opposing team fan base. My fellow game attendees from the past decade are long gone, and the PSL's are owned by out of town ticket groups.

Due to business travel, I'm lucky to if I can break even on the tickets for the games I cannot attend. Quite simply, the product is bad, demand is non existent, and time is too important to be wasted on ineptitude over and over.

I'm still a fan, but the only solution is a wholesale reorganization. Not just people but mindset, thinking, and culture.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Alex1939

ok I understand all of that I just didn't understand the "giving up on Bud Adams and his inept experiment" line. What inept experiment because I assumed you meant the Titans.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

LOL? Our offensive line at full strength is piss poor. Maybe he should have been worried about that instead of slow jacking the Manning trade talk knowing good and well he'd never come here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

This is also the most discouraged I've ever been as a fan.. And we've seen worse seasons. But the culmination of the VY fiasco, the poor seasons before and after him, and now this pathetic display this year. Enough to break the spirits of many fans. There is no reward for psl holders. They take an absolute beating on most of the game tickets, and they deserve better than what they've been getting.

The only reason espn isn't ripping into this organization is the simple fact that they have bigger fish to fry. Titans are a non story unless a player is getting arrested.

I've got too much time invested as a titans fan, emotion, and some money.. Enough for me never to say I won't be a titans fan any longer, but the lone reason for me to come to games at times is to see the great people at the GT tailgate.

The product on the field is simply not worth the drive and measly entrance fee to see.

Any leftover magic from the McNair era is dead along with him. We've got a team with very little to be excited about, And a coaching staff that leaves much to be desired, and a history of coming up short every time.

And I love how the official titans Facebook decides to post after every humiliating defeat. I speak my mind on that as much as possible. Lol.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Lol ya the Facebook stuff is hilarious...some of the people's comments are even farther out in left field than go titans posters

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar