Been waitin' to post this: Merril Hoge transcript following the last preseason game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you know what's even better about those mario williams comments he made? vince has more passing tds than williams has sacks....in a little over a quarter of play.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Yeah this post pissses me off. One thing we have to remember is that Vince will have ups and downs this season. That is for sure.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

People should do to him what happens to all other males named Merril - Beat him up.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

LOL @ Gunny....FO SHO!!!

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Does everyone remember the analyst who said he'd eat his laptop if the Bears win the NFC North?

Well, I think if Young has successful career, Hodge should have to shove his laptop up his :moon2:

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

When you consider how Hoge's career ended, I'd say that more than a few guys did beat on him a bit. :rolleyes:

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Hoge is a nobody trying to make a name by calling his shot.

The one problem is he knows that if he is wrong he won't lose anything, but if he is right he makes a huge name for himself.

JMO I think he is using this to relive his steeler/oiler hate or he is trying to get back into football as a coach

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Saying VY might not be a great QB is one thing. Saying what he said shows his brains really were scrambled.

After watching VY I do think he has alot of work to do but considering many, including myself were not in favor of the pick because we thought VY would take years to get it. I really don't think VY is that far off. One thing he does need to do is get the feel for the rush and get his rushing yards like Mac used to get them. Straight drop back and if a lane is wide open take the free yardage. Trying to run "special" running plays for VY is stupid. The way he is throwing the ball downfield defenses have to respect the pass. Once VY gets a better feel for the speed of the game and such I think Hodge will eat his words.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

No question.

10. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Let's hope Vince uses these words to prove him wrong. To do it he will need to do the things that Steve seemed to have problems with- 1. Practice 2. Vocal leadership on and off the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar