Beer Challenge Theatre

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hoffa, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Occasionally, I like to get a six pack of two different beers to taste and critique.

Recently, I got Lord Chesterfield Ale brewed by Yuengling (PA)

[​IMG]

and Carlsberg (Danish]

[​IMG]

The Carlsberg had a clean taste, dry finish, but I admit I'm bias towards Carlsberg because of sentimental reasons. My wife and I drank it together in Paris before we were married.

The LC was sub-par. It is to beer what Chesterfield's are to cigarettes. A cheap hoppy sting geared toward buyers who could care less about quality.

Please, post your beer critiques here....I would love to hear some reviews about Carlsberg from our European Titan fans...:toast:

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

FWIW I like the look of the Carlberg Light bottle. Classy

3. Hoffa

O yeah, what I had was not the Light, never had Carlsberg Light. The reg Carlsberg bottle is the same however.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. jdog

jdog I like beer!

....and I enjoy a lot of beer.

6. Hoffa

:ha:
    I'm not an alki, I don't go to the meetings...:grrhee:

I do enjoy beer, in moderation...if you notice, I stress taste and quality not the effects...:yes:

7. Hoffa

I think post #4 should have been directed towards you...:ha:

[​IMG]

;)

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I gettting ready to have an interesting at home taste comparision...I have about 5-6 of the Mikkeller Single Hop series. Each beer is made with a single hop, like Apollo, Summit, Bravo, etc. There are 10 total in the series with the last beer combining all 10 hops (which I have as well). Mikkeller is a brewery out of Demark that actually brews more american style beers.

9. Hoffa

Tell us how it's going...:brow:

10. Hoffa

My 2 beers today in the theatre are from Dundee Brewery located in Rochester, NY.

Right now, Dundee is tapping some Summer Wheat, but I found a variety pack at Krogers of the previous tap on sale. Pretty good for the sale price.

Dundee puts out some decent brew, better than the big corporate beer, but just decent among the hand-crafted beverages. If it's on sale, I'll buy it.

First, I tried some Pale Bock Lager, advertised as a winter libation, but light enough for me any season. Amber color, sustainable medium foam, and on middle ground in the bitterness to malty scale.

[​IMG]

Next I'm having their India Pale Ale...will follow-up...:cheers3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar