Before the Titans bacame the Titans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Are there any Oilers fans here that stuck with The Titans after the move..
    If not, who was your team before before The Titans?

Meant to say "became", doh!

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I was an Oiler before the move. My family was basically all die-hard Cowboys fans but I thought they were all crazy so I watched the Oilers with my mom instead. Of course I was like 7 at the time but I still enjoyed the game.

3. i used to be a broncos fan when i was little cause they had terrel davis, and john elway and once tennessee got a team, they flew out the window, i was very young so ya

4. mdfan

mdfan Starter

I remember the days when the Astrodome was known as "the house of pain" to opposing offenses.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

My grandparents are in TX and since Nashville didnt have a NFL team, I picked the Oilers...but also rooted for the Pack and Broncos. When we got a team...it was over, all TN Oilers and Titans

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I remember the Oilers a little but, but I started really liking them when they first come to Tennessee.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah I was an Oilers fan, but I didnt have issues with the team moving. Seeing as I don't see them play.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What about the time the Titans became the Jets?

9. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

same here

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

When I was a kid I liked Atlanta cause I felt like I had to. I got really hyped on them when I was a little squirt. Believe it or not they were good for a minute. That was before ... ugh... liking the Falcons growing up was tough. I did start likeing GB though... the whole Farve thing was weird. I always latched onto the Broncos. The Oilers and Eagles were two teams I liked... They were both bad alot but they both had good times.

I did not like SF at all. I like what they did and how but I did not like that team one bit. I couldn't stand the Rams. I did not like the Dolphins. I did not like the Skins. I did not like the Colts or Patriots. When the Bills made it to their SB's... I was in their corner but by no means a fan. I don't like the Giants. The only California team I could tolerate was the Chargers and I didn't care for them much. My passionate hate for the Raiders developed later in life. I'm a long time steeler hater. Throw the cowboys in there except I did admire Aikman and Emmit..Irwin... I knew I was watching history. That's not to say I wasn't thinking Montana wasn't cool and Rice wasn't the best...

I had no feelings good or bad for the Bucs. I did not like expansion teams (fron the last 20 years) or teams that moved like the Browns. :winker: I hated it when Memphis was passed over for franchises so I automatically hated on very good expansion teams. I always kept looking to Seatle to get up and do something, not that I was their fan but I used to like to come out with predictions in the schoolyard like "you'll see... this season it will be the New York Jets and the Seattle Seahawks in the AFC championship." ... two teams I did not like or hate.

I wasn't a huge bears fan but that 1985 team was incredible. I have clear memories of watching that Super Bowl. I believe I was 8 years old. Here's the thing about all those teams... many of the teams I hated my brothers liked alot. I really didn't want any of those teams for my own. I once asked my brother why Tennessee didn't have a pro team. He said that is just the way it is and it wasn't going to change. Well it did and there is no way in hell my son is going to grow up without a team he didn't feel for.

I just wanted to see the Falcons win the west before I turned 21... hard times... get this... being a surrogate Broncos fan gave me a serious case of Elway Heartbreak... well Atlanta finally gets somewhere and is beat by the Broncos in the SB... Gee whiz! Then the Broncos beat my Pack in the SB... all the while the Tennessee Oilers are camping out nightly at a reststop somewhere on I-40... When the Oilers moved I began to follow the team with passion. Casual passion. My enthusiasm and love for the Titans has grown with each passing year.

Come gather 'round people
    Wherever you roam
    And admit that the waters
    Around you have grown
    And accept it, that soon
    You'll be drenched to the bone.
    If your time to you
    Is worth savin'
    Then you better start swimmin'
    Or you'll sink like a stone
    For the times they are a-changin'.

By 1999 I was fully committed for life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar