Before the Titans bacame the Titans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was a Bears fan prior to the Oilers announcing that they were moving to Tennessee.

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I grew up a Bungle fan (circa Icky Shuffle) cause my pops was from Cincy. Alway loved Moon. As a born and raised Nash-villain it was the greatest day of my young life when I found out TN was gettin' a team. GO TITANS!!!!

3. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I was a fanatic Oilers' fan. I had no plans on changing teams even with the move. The Titans' own the Oiler history, not the Texans'... so it made sence.

4. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Bud:koolaid:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Looks like Titanpride didn't "traitor out" his team.
    If I was old school Texas I'd likely move with the team. :ha:

:koolaid:

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You guys are making me feel OLD...
    I was not an Oilers fan - anything but actually, I was cheering on the Bengals back when they nearly took out Dan Pastorini's eyeball...
    I recall the big Earl Campell game on Monday Night against the Dolphins....

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I was a die hard Cowboys fan until they fired Tom Landry, then I just kind of floated around without a team until the move was announced.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I was an Oiler fan long before the move to Nashville. And, I had no problem remaining a fan of the team following the move. Unlike when the Winnipeg Jets (of the NHL) pulled up stakes and left the city for Phoenix, Arizona (and became the Coyotes). To this day I have never cheered for the Coyotes because they moved out of my hometown.

So, I can relate to how people feel towards Bud Adams and the Titans.

Although, they've got an NFL team back now. We're still waitng on the return of the NHL. :irked:

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I use the name Childress79 as a mark of respect to my all time favourite Oilers player . Ray Childress wore number 79 & in his prime he was IMO the best DT in football. I'm biased because he's the only Oiler I've ever met & he made a good impression on me.

While I accept Childress is a pure bread Texan I find it frustrating that his services to the Oilers are acknowledged on a Texans site instead of the Titans.
    http://www.houstonprofootball.com/team/dt1.html

As a UK fan I appreciate that I have a different perspective. Where I come from if you decide to support a team in any sport then that pick is for life. Players,coaches & sometimes even owners can come & go. To me this is still the same team I've been supporting for more than half my life now.

It doesn't matter how many losing seasons they have or heaven forbid(cos I really like where they are now) any more moves or name changes they make,to me they are still the Oilers.

Having said that I can understand why many Houstonians disowned the team due to Bud Adams disloyalty to them. Mr Adams has no loyalty to either his team's players or their fans, past or present.:sad2:

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Warren Moon and the run and shoot is the reason I started watching football. I live in CA so the move really did not effect me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar