Before The Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jul 22, 2013.

?
  1. The Oilers

26.7%
  2. Another NFL team

36.7%
  3. Followed the NFL but no favorite team

3.3%
  4. Only followed college football

3.3%
  5. Did not follow football at all

13.3%
  6. Was too young to have a favorite team

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Thankfully I was too young, I was 6 or 7 when the Titans arrived and I think I became a fan of the NFL around 9 or 10 years old.

3. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

I was born and raised in Clarksville Tennessee, but my parents were from Leavenworth Kansas. So I grew up watching the Chiefs. Once the Oilers came to TN, I ditched the Chiefs immediately.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Clarksvillian here too. Not born and raised, but Clarksville has been my home now for 16 years. Grew up in Maine (never liked the Pats) and Minnesota (Vikings were ok). After leaving the Army (Ft. Campbell) stayed in Clarksville...soon after found out that Tenn had an NFL team. I started watching a guy named Eddie George light the field up and was hooked from that day on.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I spent some summers in Dallas in my early days so saw the Cowboys play the Steelers in an exhibition game in 1977 and was hooked. I was a fan if Bob Lilly, Roger The Dodger and the Boys up until they fired Landry (who needed to go but should have been moved to the front office, IMO).

I was a man without a team for a few years until the Oilers came to Tennessee though it wasn't very intense when they played in Memphis and Vandy. The first preseason game against the Falcons in '99 took it up a big notch and, as that season continued, took it to its current levels.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

I was pretty young when I moved to Nashville right about the same time the Oilers moved to Tennessee. Like 11... So I hadn't really been a fan of any team up until that point.

I did attend many Jaguar games before then though and had some swag but only because my grandmother lived in Jax and had season tickets.

I was at that AFC championship game in my Jevon Kearse jersey, memories...

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wholly cow! That must have been a once in a lifetime experience. How'd it feel to see all the Jags fan cry? Considering how the game began they thought they had it in the bag....penalties penalties.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My guess is probably about the same as every time we see them cry, which is awesome!

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!

I was a kid and didn't know any better.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

JC, what game was that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar