Being singled out might be good for White

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

LenDale White has not yet accomplished much as a professional football player. That's not to say he has done nothing.

The second-year running back already is a part of an exclusive group that includes linebacker Keith Bulluck, defensive lineman Henry Ford and offensive lineman Jason Layman.

Jason Layman? That's right.

White is now one of the players Tennessee Titans' coach Jeff Fisher has singled out for public criticism in the offseason.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070604/SPORTS/706040307/1006

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

That's an interesting take on it... I had forgotten about Bulluck. There might be a lot of truth there - that Fisher is putting the screws to Lendale because he has higher expectations from him. Most of us are reading the whole LW offseason drama as if coaches are pretty down on him, but it could be the opposite (or more like a mix of both). The best thing for the Titans would be if Lendale stepped up and met expectations this year - even if Henry shines and makes it a tough competition. If we have 2 solid backs they could carry us pretty far.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Whatever works..

Doesn't matter what the source of motivation is lendale just needs to be motivated. He's either got it inside or he doesn't. Calling him out, drafting another back, fans who doubt you, analysts who doubt you, budda jokes whatever shakes him up now is the time. You don't have long in the nfl so any time wasted is tragic..

I think he has the talent to be successful but there are quite a few players who have had talent that didn't do squat.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

LenBhudda is a positive, calming and reassuring thing. Does not believe in material goods. :grrhee:

5. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

LenDale definately has the talent but his heart is another story. It seems to me that he doesn't care at all and he has a lot of growing up to do. IMO it's almost like he's still in college thinking that he's playing for USC and he's dominant in that level and the team he plays for is a dynasty, etc. so he doesn't have to try because he knows that everything will fall his way. Well, I hate to say it LenDale, but your college days are over buddy and this is the NFL where the best of the best play and you're def. not playing for USC anymore so it's time to grow up and actually work at this instead of being lazy and not worrying about it.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Obviously LenDale has the talent, that was shown in college and why he was a potential first round pick.
    But ever since the Combine he just hasn't really made a step forward. With his injury keeping him out of Pre Draft runs, the dropping to the 2nd round, the spitting incident, then the injuries during the season, the over weight issue, another injury now.

Whether he has the heart or not, he needs to work on being with the team and being able to condition himself to get past these injuries (and I don't blame the injuries on him, we have a history with these).

How he turns up in Training Camp will be an indication of where his heart is at.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Can somebody list all the things he has done wrong, cause honestly, I'm just not seeing it.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

His heart is above and slightly left of his stomach.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was wondering what happened to boclair. his blog on the tennessean website hadnt been updated since january....

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Well it started last year with his attitde. Then he spit on Nickey. His effort to stay fit is non-existent. Lendale is a person who will always struggle with his weight. He's a chubby guy. As a pro athlete, he has all the tools available to him to stay fit. He should show his Coaches and fellow players that he's serious about being the starter by first, starting to mold his body into that of an elite running back. The example he keeps getting is Eddie George.

When Lendale is out of the league, he can then stop working out and eat all he wants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar