Ben Jones to the Titans, 4 year deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The guy is also gonna know the Texan's defense. Will help us out when we play em.

Hope we get a RT in FA. Then get Ramsey in the 1st. Rest of the draft won't matter.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Defense Defense Defense

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He is the 4th best center in free agency according to Walter football. A mid career guy who can step right in and be an upgrade to what we already have and Robinson and Mularkey obviously think that.

If we can also sign Harrison the best NT we will be solidifying our team on the inside without breaking the bank.

Pretty obvious how this team is being built. We are being built run the ball and stop the run.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Stop doing this Robinson for pity's sake. Another signing and another that broke after I am offline. I can't get used to this.

I think its a reasonably strong signing knowing what I know about and have seen from Jones. Personally , I wouldn't rule out him at Guard and us still being in the market for an experienced Center.

Were we to take Tunsil , a line of Tunsil , Jones , FA , Fat Chance and Lewan looks on paper at least a more solid line-up than the line of turnstiles that was last years line. Maybe Russ Grimm can wave his magic wand and get a bit of Hog magic on this bunch.

I hope Schwenke gets back and has a chance to compete with Andy Gallik for places but I feel that his injury may be more serious than we think and he looked to be struggling when he was fully fit anyway.

And of course , if you believe reports , he drinks his own piss. Don't worry dude , we watched sixteen weeks of that last year.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Wanted us to draft Jones originally, so can't be too unhappy

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Is this actually happening? Not seeing anything about it on any football media sites.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Didn't read the whole thread so this might have been mentioned.

But didn't Jones play more of a zone blocking scheme his whole career? That doesn't seem to fit with the "smashmouth" type of team Robinson and Mularkey keep talking about having, especially after getting DeMarco here. Maybe he can play that style as well?

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Damn it England, no one is making you stay in the UK! :)

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Any clue how Mularkey/Robiski use their line? Zone or man?

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

4 years $17.5 million and $7.5 million guaranteed. Essentially a 2 year $7.5 million contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar