Ben Ruthlessraper suspended.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Guilty or not doesn't matter. That is not the precedent set by Goodell, but he has set a precedent. Headlines matter. luvyablue23, you are about three years too late for me to give a damn whether it's just or not. I'm past that. I'm looking for consistency. Consistency would be an eight game to sixteen game suspension in this situation.

You can't argue now as none of us could argue against it three years ago and numerous times since then - he put himself in a stupid situation. Now he is going to pay the price for making the league look bad, and he's getting off easy (no pun intended) compared to others before him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Think we can get this guy suspended?

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I respect your opinion and honestly feel the same way; however this slippery slope is going to lead the league into a whirlwind of legal battles in the future. The first time he cracks down on a no-name guy who has no desire to play again and has the gumption to challenge Goodell in a court of law over his arbitrary rulings on professional conduct.
    I'm not saying Ben Rothleswhatever is a good guy. I've never said that. I just think he's a fall guy. Anyway, I definitely don't want to get into arguments with fellow titans fans for sticking up for a freakin steeler!! :)

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Very stubborn sir.....very stubborn.

5. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

i hope and pray!

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

dude, this is just the latest in a long line of Goodell punishments..

you don't need a conviction, just a headline...

I never said a word about "justice" and I don't care about the woman. I never said I did. Read it twice for comprehension if you need to.

The point is if you get scandalous press, you sit. Henry, Jones, Porter, Johnson, Vick, Stallworth, Harrison...

That's why Drew Brees is at home with his wife looking after his own self interest. Tony Romo is too careful to let this happen to him. If you want to be a public playboy and you hurt the public's perception of the league... over the past several years Goodell has taught us what to expect.

I used to be like you. Now I see that Goodell just has higher standards. He is harsh but he is fair.

If he didn't do Worthlessburger like this he would be playing favorites.

oh yeah, when the owners elect the commissioner they basically hand him the keys to the kingdom, so yeah, it is his league to do what he wants. The idea that there should be some parliamentary review board as you suggest is retarded.

7. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar