Ben Ruthlessraper suspended.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Ok I'm going to eat a forkful of crow on this one.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10106/1050884-84.stm#ixzz0lILf5A5W

Reading is fundamental, Titan_Cam, Reading is fundamental.

I'm not sure who I believe in this whole saga anymore.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That's wrong. This is our league. Fans make or break this thing called the National Football League. Without us there is no Roger Goodell NFL Commissioner. We stop showing up and paying and he's unemployed. He's not the boss, he's the sheriff if you want to give him another title. Even call him a referee, but his actions are determined my the players, owners, and other NFL employees. I'm more of a boss then he is, I can actually fire employees. He only suspends them. He's a Human Resources guy, the worse department in all of corporate America. He shouldn't be allowed to ruin peoples lives, and teams seasons. Get the F out of here Roger Goodell. Thanks you tho for the win week-2 :).

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Was he charged with a crime? If I remember correctly he counter-sued for slander.
    The Commish is chosen by the owners; it's not 'his' league. He can run it like a dictator, but in my Country we have what is called the presumption of innocence. Yes it is not a criminal court, but a man's livelihood is being taken away from him based on hearsay. If any of these players wanted to make a stink about the punishments meted out to them by der fuhrer Goodell; they could take the NFL on in civil court. I'm positive they would have a compelling case. However I'm sure their agents and attorneys advise against it, because taking on the NFL would mean being instantly blackballed even if they recouped the money owed to them preventing future earnings.
    You're naieve if you think this is truly about justice. This is all about money; public opinion is against Ben (which is evident listening to you and others convict him in public court) and the NFL wants to appear like they give a rats bit. Honest question; Do you really think Goodell cares about this 'poor unfortunate innocent georgia peach girl' as much as you seemingly do? If not, then you agree its a sham.
    Bring back Tagliabue! Innocent until Proven Guilty! Steelers Suck!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He does look like a rapist in this picture, but that's not for me to decide. Peep that dew.

[​IMG]

5. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

links are posted to back everything up...
    http://ludwig.squarespace.com/polit...the-media-lynching-of-ben-roethlisberger.html

enjoy your crow sir :)

6. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

now this is very true!!!! if i could convict someone based on wearing a mullet i would for sure!!!:ha:

7. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Believe the sober on duty police officer who said , 'this b is making a story up about Ben raping her, this is bs that we have to make a report' etc. I'm pretty sure his judgment was on the money.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Yeah but there is controversy around even that...The dude resigned like last week for undiscolosed reasons and had taken photos with Ben earlier that night.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/16/officer-involved-in-roethlisberger-inquiry-resigns/

9. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

If there was a preponderance of evidence suggesting a crime had taken place; or more succinctly a brutal rape; I am sure he would have been charged. They could have charged him with indecent exposure, public intoxication, menacing, assault, contributing to the delinquency, etc etc.
    The GBI found nothing and he was not charged with anything. I suppose you're one of those conspiracy theorists who thinks he bought off everybody, including the governor. If anyone is the victim here, it's Ben for being a moron and easily seduced by a 20 yr old goldigger.

10. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Of course he resigned; his comments were completely unprofessional and made public; bringing direct egg to his departments face. He had to resign. It might be the truth, but his job is to remain professional and objective. You can't say that kind of stuff; especially if the public finds out about it.
    Anyway I'm done talking about it...we all have opinions on the matter one way or another. It is Christmas eve in Titansworld and I think the draft is much more important to all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar