Ben Tate to Browns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TackHammer56, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Wow. I'd have taken that deal if I were the tinhorns. You aren't going to be able to keep them both long term, and a first is a hell of a deal.

You're gonna end up losing him for nothing at some point in the not too distant future.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would have taken the first as well.

That blog brings up an interesting point. AJ will slow down soon, you could find a replacement for him and not have to change your draft plans to account for AJ.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Tate is a beast. It was probably hard to turn down that first, but yeah, you win either way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

If Foster went down we'd be screwed. And Tate is a known factor.
    It would have been nice to pick up another receiver or O-line guy but you really dont know what you'd be getting.
    I do see your point about next year. But right now we really dont have that many holes and I dont see that changing anytime soon. I hope!

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

:gag:

You'll have a few extra holes when we get finished with you.

• High Five High Five x 7
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Tate is very good...

But to turn down a 1st round pick for your #2 running back... Pure stupidity.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL wow! Terrible decision not to do that deal if true.

1. Tate is only signed through 2013.
    2. Barring injury, he won't be overtaking Arian Foster.
    3. RBs are a dime a dozen.
    4. I doubt there are many(/any) other teams that think he's worth a 1st.

Why would you be glad they didn't do the deal OP? Could have had a potential long-term starter at another position with that pick. Your RBs are great because your line is great, not the other way around. Just take a look at what happened with us and Chris Johnson if you don't believe me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

We traded up to get him in the second. So we saw something in the guy...turned out to be true. Tate could very well be as good as Foster.
    And it's damn nice having that kind of security blanket.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah but in your system, you could put anyone in there and get a pretty decent backfield.
    I would have kept Foster, traded Tate and then used Foster and Ward for this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar