Ben Troupe????? No Where to be found......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Troupe is a worse tease than Calico ever was.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Calico and Troupe are different cases. Calico sustained multiple serious injuries that tend to follow a player where-ever he goes unfortunately. Troupe just doesn't seem to be able to apply his athleticism, because he really does have potential. But he has been giving AMPLE time to shine, and hasn't. Very disappointing...

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah Kamikaz is right you can't balme it all on Calico he showed a lot of promise his rookie season. Unfortunately he injured both knees was rushed back reinjured his knee or knee not sure and never was fully recovered or himself again.

Troupe has had plenty of foot problems but nothing major to hold him back. He just somehow lost it for some reason or another after his so called breakout season. He just seems to have lost all the faith he had from the staff and isn't going to being playing here much longer. I don't know what happened after his best season but he could of been so good...another top pick bust.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This is the last year for me. If he hasn't done anything by week 16, say goodbye. That said, you never know who will shine by season's end. If Scaife gets hurt, nobody is going to mind having Troupe come in and start. He's an excellent backup because you might just get something out of him. You just never know. But by years end we ought to be able to decide if we want to pay him or not.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Even if Scaife were to get injured I'm not sure we would see much of Troupe. The coaches simply don't trust Troupe.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Calico had many opportunities BEFORE his injury to shine and could make the circus catch but couldn't be counted on to catch a 5-yard slant. It eventually landed him on the bench. Same thing AFTER the recovery. We're not talking a reduction in 40 time or his explosiveness which ended his career but his inability to make the basic catches any receiver in the NFL should.

As for Troupe, he's doesn't seem to have the mental capacity to know his assignments. It's baffling because he strings together a pretty good season in '05 yet somehow regresses severely in '06? I put a little on him moving to the #1 TE spot and a new QB but he appears to be the exception to the norm of WR/TEs who say the routes become second nature by year three which allows them to focus more on the catch. I'd go easier on Troupe if Scaife was also having problems but that's not the case.

7. Nash

Nash Starter

unfortunately Troupe can't seem to learn the offense, which is really sad.. hard to throw a slant route if the guy turns the wrong way.. that leads to interceptions and we have a very small margin for error

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Yeah I too am frustrated by Troupe lack of developement, on draft day I was very happy we got him. The only play I noticed him on against the dolts was when he and a another reciever were close enough to shake hands on a incomplete pass down the sideline. I'm certain that Troupe ran the wrong route since it really seems to be his big problem.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

It's a shame that he can't pick up our offense and learn his assignments. Unless things start clicking for him this will be his last season in two-tone blue. It sucks saying this being a big fan of his, but if he doesn't know the offense well enough then he shouldn't have made the team.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Obviously I think Troupe is like Calico in a number of ways.

They both came in as physical "projects". Both had trouble with routes and drops their first year. Both had "high-light reel" plays their first year. Both were plagued with injuries, although Calico's multiple knee problems were more severe than Troupe's multiple foot problems. Expectations were high for both. Both became head cases (in regards to performance) after it was clear the coaching staff lost faith in them.

My point is, our scouting and/or GM (Floyd) made some bad judgements. I just want to make certain we learned from it next off-season and better hone our skills when it comes to "finding a diamond in the rough".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar