Ben Troupe????? No Where to be found......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

:ha: :ha: :ha:

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They better get Scaife extended.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeff, come on calico after the injuries was only a shell of a player. And as far as having opportunities? What his rookie year? All he had before the injuries was that one year. He looked great in preseason 04 until he got hurt. Came back too soon in the packers game and was hurt again.

What happened in 05 doesn't matter because the guy was not explosive or dangerous any longer as a result of the injuries. Without the injuries he is at least a solid threat as a #3. A jerry porter caliber #3.

4. TitanJeff

Calico played himself OFF the field as a rookie because he was unreliable with the short routes.

'05 doesn't matter? He played in 12 games. Again, it wasn't his lack of speed after the injury that did him in but his inability to be reliable as a receiver. The NFL is full of WRs who aren't explosive but have good hands. Calico isn't on an NFL roster because he couldn't be counted on.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I was the one who thought we should have drafted greg olson in the first rd. We'll see if he can be productive playing his first game against the cowboys this week.. I watch the colts and how they use clark as a hybrid WR/TE and wish we could do some of those things.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeff be serious. Calico looked great in the preseason of 04. Don't tell me the guy went from a promising player in 03 as a rookie to not even being in the league after 05 on his own merits. He couldn't get open past 8 yards down the field. The injuries ruined him.

Why was calico's ypc almost half what it was in 03 as a rookie? If the speed was still there that should have changed much. It's because he wasn't the same guy.

Calico in 03 had 18 catches for a 16.5 ypc and 4 tds

calico in 05 had 22 catches for an 8.7 ypc and 0 tds.

Clearly he is not the same guy..

His injuries including a severe sprain in both knees. A tear of the medial meniscus and anterior cruciate ligaments in the 04 packer game and nagging hamstring problems in 05.

7. TitanJeff

I'm totally serious. Go back and read the treads and search the articles. Fisher REPEATEDLY called out Calico for his lack of concentration in making the routine catch. Like you said, he got everyone excited in the preseason of '04 and played himself OUT of a job with his inconsistencies.

I'm not saying his injury didn't play a role in '05 because it clearly did. But it wasn't his biggest obstacle. Those were at the end of his arms. If the injuries never happened, I doubt he's on the team anyway.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Calico got several chances to come back. His problem usually wasn't that he was covered, it was that he couldn't hold onto the ball. I think the injuries really did a number on his confidence, and he wasn't able to get back to the basics.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

All i know is that he took a physical with a few teams and worked out for them and they didn't bother to sign him. I would think a 6'4 225 lb guy with 4.3 speed who was a 2nd rd pick just 3 seasons ago would have found someone willing to take a chance on him. It has to be the knee..

10. TitanJeff

Or hands of stone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar