Ben Troupe. What happened?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bazerker, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazerker

Bazerker Guest

Ben was a very promising prospect and his first two years were great. What happened after that? Was it the addition of VY and the fact that he loves Scaife? Or was he hurt or fall out of grace with Fisher?

I'm new to the area and I'm excited about the Titans. Just wanted to get some fan insight on the Toupe situation. Thanks.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

to say he's dumb as a brick would be an insult to bricks everywhere.

3. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

troupe was a great talent coming out of college and had everything a tight end needed to succeed in this game.

he just never worked out.

it happens to every franchise out there. we saw it ourselves with tyrone calico, andre woolfolk, and (its a stretch) peter sirmon

4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

very good points scottie. I mean it happens look at DeBrickashaw Ferguson, hes trash. Its part of the game, pick on potential and pray for the best. Troupe as far as i know is still in titans uniform and when we resign Scaife, cause everyone knows its gonna happen he will have a chance to redeem himself, and maybe learn a thing or two from Alge.

5. Bazerker

Bazerker Guest

Yeah but the guy had 859 yards his first two years. That's impressive and up to that point he lived up to his draft status. Something happened in his third year. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

6. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

from the couple games i went to last year that he played in i noticed that he didn't know how to get open when vince scrambled.

he may just be better for a pocket passer which is what he had in mcnair is first 2 years.

7. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

ben troupe in collage....quite the talent.....just realized its been awhile since ive posted here lol

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0aNhEeM1W8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0aNhEeM1W8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Who?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Been troupe was very good when Volek was throwing, but then again, who wasn't?
    Troupe will probably go somewhere else and make a name for himself. Its obvious Fisher doesn't know how to use the guy. Or maybe it was Chow. He was good for Heimerdinger.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

im actually mad we didnt reisgn him...u need 3 TEs....i'd be very happy with a recovered crumpler (and bo n ben in the wing)

his main problems centered around droppin passes and lack of blockin skill...but yeh as for speed an athleticism he had it...i posted 3 pic of him literally jumpin over defenders....the man could jump..(defenders espeically tackle low on TEs..often teh biggest ball carriers on the field...an he would use that against them by simply gettin air)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar