Benchmarking Mariota 1st preseason game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I would like to see him get to the redzone and score a TD

It seems in previous years, we have been able to move between the 20s pretty well, but once we get to the redzone its like hitting a brick wall and we always settle for the FG attempt.

have to score TDs to win in today's NFL.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I thought Lewan was only going to block for Mett.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I just want to see the starting offense move the ball.

I dont expect a mythological march down the field in the first preseason game with a rookie QB...

I want to see Lewan and crew back up all the talk and maul people at the line and give Mariota a chance. I believe he will do well if given time. FG or TD in their limited time and I'll be happy.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That was kinda funny when someone suggested that.

Lewan has seen first hand how good Mariota is, he wants to win, not be butt buddies with Mett.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

If Lewan backs up all of his talk he's going to be nasty this year. That's good news for Mariota and the Titans.

6. JCBRAVE

Lewan is facing Orakpo every day at practice, when they played each other last year Orakpo spanked him, them being together now only means Lewan will be better prepared for the top pass rushers on game day, I like his chances of being really good.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

45/63 389 yards 4 tds. Tears Labrum on final drive. Whis screaming AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN as Mariotta runs Qb draws 6 times in a row inexplicably trying to win a preseason game.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Young54

Young54 Starter

I honestly don't even really care about Mariota. It's his first preseason game.

I'm more concern with seeing the OL open holesfor Sankey and Co, and see our D get stops. Especially on 3rd down. That's the key.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Our D getting stops on third down seems like such a

[​IMG]

would be nice to see it happen though.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

Did you miss my post on how having bigger RBs will help the defense stop other teams RBs? There's a good chance were waay better at stopping the run

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar