Bennett Optimistic About '06 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans WR Drew Bennett has reason to be optimistic entering the 2006 season. He has a proven target in David Givens opposite him to take off some of the pressure. He also has Billy Volek behind center, a QB who knows him better than anyone else. He is also 100% healthy after being banged up much of the '05 season. "It was all very frustrating, personally, and with the team last season," Bennett said. "Everything is magnified when you are 4-12 — your injuries, your statistics, your role on the team and all that stuff. It is questioned and magnified. But right now I think I'm like everyone else in that no one cares about anything else but winning. I am excited about getting last year behind me. I was beat up all year and we didn't win. I am ready to move past that. And I'm excited about what we can do."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

hes going to the probowl this season. i guarentee it.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I wonder what Bennet thinks when he sits at home at night on the sofa.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

ummm what was that about...? lol

5. airwolf

airwolf Camp Fodder

Before all excuse me for my bad english (I'm a italian boy).
    I think that with Given go to reciver, Bennett will do a great season.
    I think that Bennett can not a primary target (like a last season), but like second reciver can be very dangerous.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree except IMO Bennett will still be the #1 guy based on what defenses try to do to stop us. The defense decides that for you and Givens and Bennett are very close in talent. Actually I think Bennett could be the better WR. It isn't like Givens is Moss or TO or something. I like Givens but I'm not as hyped as some others that he is going to be our DMase answer. I think Jones is a similar talent as Givens but with the injury we needed a solid vet.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't like you. Poor penalty in the World Cup:grrr:

nah I am just joking.

8. airwolf

airwolf Camp Fodder

Sorry, but this is the game :))

You 11 against 10 have not a goal... poor team :winker:

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Are we going to get a different article each week until the season starts about a different player who's optimistic?

Next Week- "Bulluck Optimistic for Start of Season"
    Following Week- "Van Den Bosch Excited about Prospects for Season"
    Last week of preseason- "Donnie Nickey Feels Good About Titans' Chances This Season"
    -of course, 4 days later he's cut

Welcome to the board AirWolf...

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and all optimistics players are going to the Pro Bowl apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar