Bennett Optimistic About '06 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Smili, Jackson only played in 6 regular season games, so they didn't have a #1 for most of the season.

2. Banger21

Banger21 Camp Fodder

Bennett is going to be the key to the passing game. Calico can't be counted on obviously so anything he does is icing on the cake. Bennett have had good numbers together in the past 2 years when they've both been healthy and on the field. Volek likes to throw the deep ball up for grabs and Bennett is the guy that can go up and get them. Hopefully Drew will stay healthy and be there for Volek, he will be key to Billy succeeding this season.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Wade is going to be the #3 slot guy, with Calico, Roby and Williams trying to get into the mix.

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

maybe...i dont really know much about Wade anyway

5. GoTitans3801

Really? Wade the #3? I'd expect it to be Roby, Williams, or maybe Calico ahead of him. I took the news coverage as news that he'd stay on the team, not that he was making amazing progress. I'd say at the end of last season, he was last on that list, now he's just shown enough to stay on the team.

6. Williams should be our future #3

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think that Wade will be our #1 slot receiver with Roby backing him up and Calico and Williams will backup Givens and Bennett on the outside.

I also think we will see a set that has Givens(in the slot) and Bennett on the same side with Calico out wide on the other side with Troupe at TE. This would get Calico man coverage with no help over the top if Troupe attacks the middle of the field. Or if the safety helps on Calico then Troupe just has to beat a LB down the middle.

But no doubt we are much improved at WR this yr. We lost nobody and gained Givens plus experience of the young guys.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

(Late to the party....)

Bennett is optimistic? Did he buy some new gloves?

Avvie "I tried to sell my #83 jersey last year, but my asking price of $3 was too high" Hughes

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I agree Titans2004 Chow may be able to create a lot of mismatchs this year with different packages and formations. The versatility and quality of or receivers could make Volek a much better QB if guys are open and he has time he will get the ball to them. With all the extra time they are putting in working together our pass game could be really good and that will make the RBs that much better.

10. GoTitans3801

This keeps popping up around the board. Several people think Wade will be the #3 receiver. Really? Besides the fact that an article was written about him, which said he was showing good things and would probably make the team, what makes him better than Roby and Williams, both of whom showed great things last year. Second year receivers are supposed to make a big jump, I'd put them ahead. Once all of the receivers get back on the field, it'll be interesting to see how the order shakes out. I'm betting on Givens, Bennett, Roby/Williams, Calico, Wade. Calico will drop or rise early, depending on what he does with his chances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar