Bennett Optimistic About '06 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banger21

Banger21 Camp Fodder

No one has mentioned Orr on this post. I wouldn't sleep on him.
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

I really think Wade is going to be on the bubble and if he sticks it will be because of his return ability. As for who the #3 will be it really all depends on how Calico comes along and the situation in the game. Calico drawing the #3 CB coverage in the slot might be a good matchup but one of the other WRs might be a better possesion option. IMO if Calico can hang on to the ball (a big if) it is still his to lose.
  3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Wade has had so many snaps right now. Williams is just getting back on the field. We've read reports of Calico's backslide after a strong start. To me, it's clear that entering camp, Wade is ahead of the other three. Whether or not it stays that way remains to be seen, but I think Roby, Williams and Calico have to play some catch up. Just so you know, I think Williams is going to be awesome. He seems like a more mature receiver than Roby does. I really do hope Calico can be that #3 guy, and the deep threat we've been missing, but I won't hold my breath right now. We'll see what develops in the preseason.
  4. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

Snaps at this point don't mean much. It is to Wades credit he has shown something but until training camp and the pre-season he is still going to be the odd guy out if they need a roster spot. No way I see them cutting Calico or any of last years group and Givens and Bennett are locks. Wade biggest hope is Jones being PUPed.
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

Guys who are a lock for the roster unless they do something stupid are Givens, Bennett, Williams, Roby, and Jones (PUP). I think Wade's ability to contribute on STs is a huge bonus for him and really hurts Calico. If Calico doesn't show that he is at least the #4 WR then he is in serious trouble.

If Wade earns the #3 WR spot in camp then I wouldn't be surprised to see him get an extension to lower his cap hit and to keep him off the FA market. Having a guy that can return punts and be a solid WR is important to help build the total depth of the roster.
  6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

No matter how it shakes out, you gotta admit. Williams has the coolest name of the bunch. I mean really, "Bobby Wade?" Sounds like some crap from the Brady Bunch... but "Roydell"... that is smooth.
  7. LazyManJackson

LazyManJackson Starter

Now that's one thing eveyone can agree on.

Wade at#3, Come on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.