Bennett Signs with Rams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

We did for years.... he was just disguised as a #1

2. You just don't sign a #3 WR to that contract. Unless they plan to use the 3-WR offense as their base offense, I don't see why they'd sign him unless Bruce is either going to be released or become the #3 WR.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'll see if I can find the article, but it went on to say that they planned on running alot of 3 WR sets.

4. I saw it on the STL Post Dispatch, too. But it doesn't make sense logically unless they are going 3 wide or cutting Bruce. So maybe they are going with 3 WRs as the base...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it makes some sense to me. three wide with stephen jackson in the backfield seems a little scary.

6. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I wouldn't have minded him as our #2 or 3 WR.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Just to give an idea of how distorted many have become against Bennett I bet many posters would have jumped at the chance to replace Bennett with Bruce, Curtis or McDonald and then argued that the move was an upgrade. Well, interestingly the Rams didn't think Bennett was crap at all and now the talk will be how they "over paid". Personally I think the Rams, a team who has had top of the line WRs for years would have some idea of talent when they see it. I would also assume that now that Bennett will have a quality passing QB throwing him the ball in a passing offense that he will put up some pretty decent numbers and the Rams will not be disappointed.

The good thing for the Titans, we will not over pay and end up in CAP hell again. Of course we might not have squat catching the ball or running the ball on our offense but, hey, good thing we didn't over pay. We might not have any better defense next year either but we are not going to be in CAP hell.

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

If he woulda went to the pies i would of been p'od. Im happy for him tho.

He milked the Rams for all they were worth im happy he got his cash.

Ill miss you DREWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Just dont score on us :grrhee:

9. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Loved Drew, wish he was still here, they OVER paid.

Can not blame him for taking the money.

10. ONUV

ONUV Starter

i won't be able to laugh @ people wearing drew bennett jerseys anymore unless they are crazy enough to still wear one. then i'll laugh harder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar