Bernard Pollard knows you just can’t run and be ready

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

For the next month, teams are going to go to sleep worrying about their players turning up in the news.

But for players, the challenge is also striking the balance between some needed down time and being prepared for training camp in a month.

“It boils down to taking care of your body and doing whatever you can to stay accountable to these guys here,” Titans safety Bernard Pollard said, via Megan Grindstaff of the Tennesseean. “People think ‘I can just go run, and when I come back, I’ll be able to run,’ but when you’re running, you have to know where you’re running to.”

The Titans have also given players playbooks on iPads, so they can do homework during their down time if they choose.

But the players who haven’t been around as long as Pollard occasionally struggle with the challenge of being physically prepared for the long grind which is coming.

[​IMG]

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Idk which is worse, the week without football following the Super Bowl, or the entire month of July without football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Easy--July by far! It is like sitting in the middle of the ocean, drifting with no wind, no water, no food, and no friends- with no hope of surviving. I hate this time of year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

you lost me at drifting in the middle of the ocean with no water.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

It's definitely a hard balance to find.

I've known plenty of guys to trained harder than anyone else in training. Competition comes around and they have no gas left in the tank.

The key is efficient workouts. Get the most out of the workouts with the least amount stress on the body possible.

It seems the trend is going the opposite direction. Put yourself through hell for very little gain in strength, and endurance that can be gained without destroying your body.

It's why trends like CrossFit are such a sham. "Makes sense if you don't think about it" should be their slogan.

But I digress. By the time pro athletes get to this level, they should know enough about their body to balance work and recovery.

6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Potable water.....

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Haha I know it just sounded funny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar