Bernard Pollard - "We aren't going to go out there and blow our wad"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats what Pollard said when asked how are we going to come out of the gates vs the Steelers week-1.

"We aren't going to blow our wad" huh LOL, thats funny. Kind of surprised the Titans published that video, but maybe they didn't notice it.

Anyways, Pollard is always good for a sound-byte, but thats not what I was hoping to hear from the loud and proud veteran safety.

Right now Jurrell Casey is talking to Big Ben thru the media, he said "we're coming for you", and Pollard strangely is backing off his bold comments. Pollard said we have to be smart and execute, but his comments were fairly tame for Pollard. Interview can be seen here http://www.titansonline.com/media-c...Steelers/d6e4d195-cc00-4394-b139-6260f44c139b

I respect Pollard right now, excited as hell he's a Titan, but Im not feeling that energy from him right now i was getting 2-3 months ago.

Did a poor preseason expose Bernard Pollard? Its never been a secret he's weak in coverage, but he was missing tackles too last month, is SS still a concern for us this year?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Blow our wad. Uhhhh okay Pollard.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Steelers gonna be mad when we dont blow our wad, as in ejaculate all over the field. They like that kind of stuff in Pittsburgh.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Clark

Yea I don't even know what to say to that comment. Sounds like he didn't know what to say and he was a little horny during the interview. Ish is cray...

Yo Fellow Titans! Don't blow yo wad ou'der ya hear me!?

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

JC you don't live in TN, do you?

That is a southern saying. I don't use it, but all of my relatives outside of my immediate family do.

"Don't blow your wad" just means don't burn yourself out. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the "wad" soldiers stuck down the muzzle of their gun to make it shoot the projectile right. My high school English teacher made me look idioms up.

Anyway, congrats JC on having the immature mind of my 11 year old cousin, lol.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Clark

Pollards from Indiana... Since when is that from the south?

Pollard been in TN for like 6 months...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

What does that have to do with anything? It is a southern term. Doesn't mean only southerners use it. Just more of them do. My redneck side of the family says it a lot

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I dont care what he says or what anyone says as long as they come out and play hard nosed football this Sunday!

9. Clark

I'm just saying different places can derive a different term. Here in NM I've mainly heard it used as a sexual innuendo

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Can't even believe this quote is true since this is a JCBrave thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar