Best Bowl Records in BCS Era

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What?

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Yeah, I'm totally confused by the post as well.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Once every excuse the SEC once used as a crutch is used for another conference... or shines a different way on the SEC, SEC fans claim they're "irrelevant".

Not sure what's difficult to understand about that. Unless you're SEC fans... ah, that's right.

4. Alex1939

Deuce you should really try clicking the link. The reason I started this thread was the old argument you big10 fans (you and eddy) would use to defend your conference. That the big10 will do better in bowls than the sec.

To recap: The SEC has 6/12 current BCS champions. Only the big12 has more than 1 (outside the SEC). The Big 10 is the WORST major conference regarding bowl records in the BCS era. Worse than some minor conferences.

In fact, take Ohio State out of the Big10, and I'd say it's the worst major conference in college football today.

So good job Deuce in pulling something totally irrelevant to try and discuss. (pssst, your SEC envy is showing)

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Cool. Not sure why any SEC fan would use that excuse considering how well they do in bowl games. I know Big East fans use it for basketball....maybe you're confused?

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I am not even a fan of any SEC team, I live in the Midwest, and I am willing to admit that the Big Ten SUCKS in Football. There are some bright spots, Iowa always has some solid guys, Penn State's got their linebackers. In the SEC, in any given year, you can name at least 3 or so relevant teams, in the Big Ten, you are lucky to have one close to the championship picture.

And when they do get there, they look terrible and remind the rest of the country why they don't belong there.

Big Ten's all about "history," but history doesn't win you championships, good players do, Otherwise Nebraska and Notre Dame would be tearing it up right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Basically... to translate your post:

"Im not an SEC fan, but ESPN does in fact control everything I believe about sports"

The Big 10 sucks at football?

1 Auburn
    2 Oregon
    3 TCU
    4 Stanford
    5 Wisconsin
    6 Ohio State
    7 Oklahoma
    8 Arkansas
    9 Michigan State
    10 Boise State

Nothing says 'sucking' like 3 teams in the top 10, huh? And Wisconsin would beat any team outside of Oregon on that list.

But this makes my point- why can't the BIG 10 use the "we beat up on each other argument"? The SEC sucked balls this season... but since they beat each other (just like the big 10 did), they were excused for it. Why? Crap teams beating other crap teams means nothing... See: Penn St vs Michigan. (YET if it were arkansas that was beaten by a crappy Georgia team... free pass!)

The excuses for the SEC will never end.

All that's left now is "They're the champs"... which is true. But if Oregon takes that from them, they have nothing left. The SEC has collapsed the last 2 seasons in general outside of their 1-2 good teams.. the rest are average at best.

Will it surprise anyone if a crappy Big 10 Michigan team smokes Miss State this week?

And if you want to talk Bowls- the Big 10 is about dead-even with the SEC in head to head bowl games.

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Thank you...someone FINALLY identified Wisconsin as a team in the Big 10 (ok I am a Titan fan, but have been living up here in Cheesehead land for 5 years, and have become a Badger fan).

The arguments about the Big 10 being too slow are about 3 years outdated, IMO. Wisconsin, for one, has changed with the times (although their trademark running game is still a feature, they have ALOT of team speed year in and out since Brent B. has taken over).

I do not have statistics here, but all I know is that we have played some SEC teams in bowl games over the past few years, and I do not remember too many losses.

It is really unfortunate that we lost to Michigan State this year....I would have really loved to see Auburn deal with the three headed monster (Clay/White/Ball) at tailback in the National Championship game this year.

9. Alex1939

^ and ^ This is pure denial in its finest.

The SEC has been, is, and will be the best conference in college football.

Keep trying your spin and telling yourself Wisconsin is better than Auburn lol.

10. Deuce Wayne

Auburn is @ss.

They have 1 good player, and he's just a generic Vince Young.

If Auburn played in the Big 10 they'd have 2 losses. Easy.

The SEC just sucked terribly this season so Auburn was lucky to have a gimmicky player like Newton that those weak defenses couldn't figure out.
    The Big 10 adjusted and slowed Denard Robinson down. The SEC couldn't stop the bigger slower version? Laughable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar