Best Case (realistic) first two rounds

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I'd prefer Nick Fairley and Marvin Austin. That would be one sick line
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

I don't like Mallet. I won't be happy if we draft him. I don't think we will.

He has talent, but mentally he reminds me of Ryan Leaf.
  3. Alex1939

Gingers can't play NFL QB.
  4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

If Mallett makes it to us in second, sure he might have a little bit of character concerns, that's just way too much talent to pass up at that point.
  5. Alex1939

I agree, BUT Fairley and Paea are rookies. It's a big transition from 11-13 college games and 4 preseason + 16 regular season + potential 4 game postseason.

So I think maybe Jones gets more DE reps in 2012 and used as Starter-in-rotation with Fairley/Paea in 2011.

The DE starters for 2011 will be Morgan and free agent scrub/latter round draft pick scrub/Hayes/Ford. (at least I think Hayes/Ford are still under contract and Babin/Ball are gone)
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

You still have Brown and Marks :)suspect:) to rotate at DT. Hayes fits our new scheme but Ford should really only be on the field in pass rush situations (aka anything where a run is 100% out of play such as 3 and 6)
  7. Alex1939

Yeah I kind of forget about Question Marks. Tony Brown I liked, but thought the current word was that he is pretty screwed with his knees?

Who would be your ideal first two round picks??
  8. Finnebosch

- Jake Locker - I am a firm believer in taking a guy with franchise level talent whenever you are drafting if you need a QB. You don't wait for a QB to fall to you in round 2.

- Stephan Paea - In January I wanted Paea at number 8. Now that he is available in round 2 I think he is a no brainer. IMO he is the best DT in this draft.

Oddly my first mock went:
    1) Paea
    2) Locker
  9. Alex1939

I'd probably be upset if any of Fairley, Bowers, Dareus, Quinn, Peterson were still on the board at 8 and we took Locker...

but overall, I'd be happy to add those two players to the roster. Especially if it somehow involved a trade down where we had an extra late 2nd round or early 3rd round pick.
  10. Finnebosch

I'd flip if Peterson was there and we passed him but I don't see anyway he falls to us. I'd be okay passing over Quinn and Bowers due to the fact that I think Jones will play DE for us in our new scheme. (I am also terrified of Bowers' knee). I am actually not all the high on Nick Fairley. IDK why
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.