Best CB?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Being a Vols fan, I like Wade too. I agree that he's about a 3rd rounder. His stock could increase after he runs his 40 at the combine, it's expected to be pretty blazing. The only thing I don't like about him is he gets turned around in coverage too easily, and gets wayyy overaggressive sometimes, so he's caught out of position. He needs to refine his technique and play a little more disciplined.

2. well that can happen, pacmans coverage skills have jumped leaps and bounds from last year

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd love to get Wade, he's been a pleasure to watch this year. He can take over for LT any day.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i went back and watched some of the '04 rose bowl, just to watch some vince young, and i noticed vince ran right by leon hall quite a few times.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Taking Wade, or a CB like him, seems like a good move to me, even if we get a FA like Nate Clements. He could sit on the depth chart and learn a little while. I'd like: Pacman Jones, Clements, Hill, Finnegan, Wade and Waddell/Eric King. Good depth with two potential/proven starters at backup.

6. finnegan = starter and then problem solved

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

To be fair, Huff timed out faster than Vince Young when running there 40 times....but Huff admitted that on the football field, Vince has run by him too (and he couldn't catch him).

I'll have to watch more tape of Hall because he got abused in the Ohio State game. How'd he look in the Rose Bowl?

Gut

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah hall did get abused by ted ginn jr. all day which hurt his stock and i'm not high on him anymore. Wade would be a great 3rd round pick and a decent 2nd I like him a lot though good size and speed just needs to refine his technique and coverage skills a bit and could be very good. whatch for Tanard Jackson from syracuse decent size good in run support along with good speed and coverage ability but flying under the radar.

9. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

tanard is good,and he has everything physically,but his "intagibles" are like that of a 7th round pick,he breaks down to easy,doesnt have smooh back pedals,and doesnt have a very short memory....I'd rather take John Talley than Jackson in the 3rd.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

This will be the year to NOT overspend on a CB. There is no clear cut consensus and a lot of the top guys have iffy speed. To me this means they are 2nd rnd picks at the earliest. On the other hand, a guy like Wade could leap higher because of his athleticism...especially if he runs a 4.3 40.

Jackson and Talley are good players, but if you only have 4.5+ speed, it's hard to become a productive starter in the NFL these days when you're being matched up against WR's who are both BIGGER AND FASTER!

6' CB's used to get away with being slower because they were better at the jam, harder to throw over and better run support players. But now there are a lot of 6'-6'5 WR's with 4.4 or better speed....

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar