Best CBs in 2017 free agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., Mar 3, 2017.

?

Which CB do you prefer?

Poll closed Mar 11, 2017.
  1. Prince Amukamara

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. A.J. Bouye

31 vote(s)
    51.7%
  3. Morris Claiborne

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. Stephon Gilmore

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Dre Kirkpatrick

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Logan Ryan

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So he's merely competent is what you're saying.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Little more than that

3. Fry

I mean, the best argument you could come up with was that he did something everyone else was able to do to Hopkins other than the Titans.

That's not a ringing endorsement.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hopkins is a huge headache for us

It's a good argument to start with

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Which draft pick and what player would you be targeting?

I'm okay with you or someone having the opinion that none of the top FA CBs are worth the money, but obviously we have tons of cap space and CB was the biggest player weakness last season.

6. Fry

Adoree Jackson.

I think CB is a young man's position. Seems like every two years there's a new "top" CB in the league because of the agility and recovery speed needed. Plus, rookie deals are so much cheaper than what the above average CBs get on the open market.

There's a reason all of these guys are hitting the market. Not just the CBs, but all of the FAs. Potential new teams need to figure out why the teams most familiar with these guys are letting them go. For some of them it's because they aren't as good as people think.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Trumaine Johnson was dominant in 2015, but he was below avg last year. I would not trade anything for him considering I don't know what I'm getting but paying a premium in picks (a first) and cap (his tender is $16mil THIS year).

Would rather not lose any picks and sign Bouye and Ryans. But if you want to pay a premium, here's another option.

Malcolm Butler is viewed as one of the top cb's. He's a restricted free agent with a first round tender. Suppose we sign him and owed ne a first round pick. We could trade the 18th pick and move back towards the end of round 1 (say pick 30) and get a 2nd round pick. Give pick 30 to ne to complete the trade. The other option would be trading with ne...swapping firsts (32 for 18) for Butler.

Again, I find it wasteful to give up premium picks and huge cap for one player. But if you're nervous Bouye has only one good year and you want a more sure fire player and willing to pay a premium, Butler is another option.

I would not give up a first round pick for Cooks. Giving him the value of a 2nd round pick is as high as I'd go and now that the Eagles (our competition) are signing Torrey Smith, they'd appear to be out. Question is, is NE still an option. If we're he only game in town, we hold the leverage!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Another guy we're not talking about is Micah Hyde. He can play corner outside or in the slot and has also played free safety. With all the injuries in Green Bay last year, the Packers had to move him around a lot and he played well wherever they put him. He's also an adequate punt returner.

Only question about him is that JRob seems to target guys who can fill specific roles and I don't know if a jack-of-all-trades like Hyde would fit what JRob is looking for.

Curious that there's not been a lot of talk about him anywhere, on mainstream media, espn, nfl, blogs, twitter, and he's not being projected as going anywhere in particular or being linked to any other teams.

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

What about Darrelle Revis on the cheap? Everything I've read about the guy suggests he won't want to end his career with a year like last year. Get him back in shape, bring him to a smaller market like Nashville, maybe he could turn things around?

Not saying he has to be our #1 guy, but for the right price and if he can prove in training camp that he's willing to put in the work to be like the old Revis, I'd sign him.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

He is physically unable to get back to anything close to what he was. Even when he was on the Pats he'd already lost a bit but still better than most. He was abused last year. McCourty was probably better and half the cost and we want to replace him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar