Best Game of Young's Career...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Hopefully Chow can tweak Vince's passing mechanics and make him into a great QB. He has most of the right stuff, but he has got to make better passes. His passes to the left were both very low, and the receivers ended up on their butts having to go down after them. You can't get much run after catch when that happens. He zinged a few to Wade that were high, but Wade made good catches. You can't teach some of the incredible moves he made yesterday, or the game management skills he has, but I think he can become a better passer. The future looks bright.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

WRs...

I agree with vince10 that we should not draft a WR early. I say take a couple of guys in the middle rounds and that's it. The idea os drafting a tony gonzales type guy is appealing but since he is one of the best TEs ever i'm not sure where you woud find him or if there is even one guy in this draft like that. troupe and sciafe are our future at TE.

WR is not as bad as everyone makes it seem. We have had to play a whole season without our presumed #2 guy in givens and jones was coming off knee surgery. I think next year this group will be ok assuming givens can come back and we resign bennett and i think we should try unles we see better options available and there probably will be better options..

I see a scenario next year where jones might be the #1 guy with bennett #2 and maybe roydell #3 and givens #4. I'm encouraged by the development of both jones and williams and both could be significant next year. We need to evaluate the future of roby and whether he is making progress and whether orr can ever be a factor on the team. I say we draft a couple of guys in the middle rds and let them compete with roby and orr for a spot.

I want us to focus on linemen in this draft. Our top 2 picks should be interior o-lineman, a center maybe and a d-lineman. In rds 3-5 i see us getting a couple of WRs and maybe a corner. In the later rds we can draft depth at linebacker and maybe another TE.

3. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

To be clear, I was not talking about drafting the next Tony Gonzales, I was talking about signing the real Tony Gonzales. Isnt he a FA this year? Maybe I am losing my mind.

LazyMan,

You are trying to flip an argument that cannot be flipped. Even great QBs usually struggle mightily as rookies. A commentator who ridicules a rookie QB for struggling is just blowing smoke over nothing, knowing that those comments will be forgotten by the time the player is ready to shine. Vince will probably struggle some more this year, but he showed yesterday what he can do.

As to the passes being "erratic," WRs in the NFL are supposed to come up with those catches. No, they weren't all perfect for gaining YAC, but look at it this way: half of the incompletions were drops by the WR or spikes to stop the clock. Another pass went off a daydreaming WR's helmet. On another, Vince was hit from behind as he threw - on a 3 step drop no less. That is an insanely high percentage of on-target throws, all without utilizing many quick outs or WR screens, which are typically higher percentage plays. The Vince I saw yesterday is the one I have been seeing for years. I expect so see that a lot before his career is over.

I hope Chow gets the message: Vince does not need to be "protected" by running every down and only turning to him when we need to convert a 3rd and long. Let him play in a wide open offense, and that will in turn open up the running lanes for the RBs and Vince himself.

4. No.

But anybody who said that he was "inconsistent" in college or anybody who said that he had "no field awareness" and would "never be able to read defenses" and said that the reason the Titans went after Collins is because Vince "was a wasted draft pick" ---- and all before the season started ----- IS a MORON.

And Merrill Hoge said all of those things. I linked the video, below.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Very true Rolltide but I dare say when VY hangs up his cleats this game will be brought up by the pundits as one highlight of his career,

6. plato

plato Camp Fodder

99% of the rookie QB's struggle for years before they become stars... Most including many high draft picks never have a game like Vince had yesterday and many have been total flops from day one..

I think there has only been a couple of rookies that ever had more total td's than int's in their first year... Vince is headed in that direction...

None have ever came back from 21 points down.. Ever....

I've never seen a rookie QB as calm as Vince.... His poise is something that is very rare and is unheard of in a rookie QB and you can tell he makes the whole team better just with his presence...

I think Vince woke up yesteday and he will be a different QB from this point forward.. Sure he will have some rough games but we will see more and more of what we saw today until it becomes normal..

I say get excited.. but know there will be a few more hurdles before he leads us to the promise land.. He's just a rookie...

I also predict Merrill will go down as the biggest goober since Mel Kiper said Emmitt Smith would never do nothing in the NFL, much less win dancing with the stars...

7. Troy Aikman was 1-15 in his rookie season.

8. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Wow

Damn its like a prophecy, I vote that one for manlaw its so good.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

here come the groupies again :grrhee:

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and as soon as he throws in INT the naysayers will come back too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar