Best Game of Young's Career...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LazyManJackson, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Other than taking him over K-Dyse way back in the day, I've never been big on Randy Moss. He's done some spectacular things over the years, but if things aren't going just his way, he'll quit on you, just like that. I've always felt TO was the better WR, and though Moss won't attack others to the degree Owens has, I absolutely hate the quit he has in him. He's past his prime and probably seeking too much money (though maybe with a good QB he could shoot right back up there??)

2. yea, hes gonna start slowing down, and not be able to jump as high, and those two things were his game, but fisher said that moss is not in the future of the titans and im happy about that

3. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

Re the WR for Young debate:

I'd imagine some team looking for a #2 or #3 WR would try to get Bennett, and Bennett would bolt, and I'm not convinced any WRs on our roster can legitimately play #1 WR (Bennett ceretainly can't, he is a natural #2). So I think it would be wise to draft a WR in Rd 1, if we have solved the secondary problems and got a legit weakside DE. And anybody who thinks we should draft a mid-round WR, we have 4 of those already.

And wow, Vince is really progressing fast. He will be a much better QB than Leinart because he is clutch and such a leader. But just imagine how good he would've been if he was learning off McNair.

4. Okay, I've been riding Vince's jock since he was in the 10th grade but I wouldn't sell Leinart short. He might very well end up as an outsanding NFL QB....

Having said that, Vince gives you the extra dimension of being able to run. And not only being able to run but being able to REALLY BURN a defense when he runs. I mean, if you don't keep a spy on him, he's going to go for 20.

Having to keep the spy on him just completely changes what opposing defensive coordinators must prepare for. This is not Dan Marino (great as he was), whereby you can set your linemen down and let your DB's go against Marino's wide receivers. You do that with Vince and he'll be in the end zone before you know it.

Oh and, by the way, the Michael Vick comparisons are laughable.

If he stays healthy, I feel safe in saying that in about two years everybody on this BBS will say "I have never seen another player like him." The closest comparison is Randall Cunningham, but Randall could never run like Vince can.

Superman wears Vince Young pajamas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar