Best Mock So Far!?!?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by soopacee, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Sweed will be drafted before the 3rd round. As of right now I like Manningham more, and maybe Hardy although I have not seen him play, bit Sweed will go before the 3rd, and would probably be the best receiver on this team. If he would have come out after last season he would have been a top 15 pick.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We don't need a burner as much as a guy who can catch the ball. I don't trust one of our WR's with the game on the line to catch it.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We have plenty guys that can catch the ball, they just constantly get over-thrown. We need someone that can chase some balls down. Or at least get some separation so Vince can make the throw.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bah Manningham isn't a Longhorn, he has no chance.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

The main reason I like Sweed is our poor redzone production, we could use a big reciever with good hands that Vince can rely on to catch the jump balls in the endzone, and I think Sweed could be that kind of guy.

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I want a guy who can take a 10 yard slant to the house.

Someone elusive and fast.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That's certainly exciting to watch, but if you look at how we did this season we have a team that can move the ball well between the 20s, what we really need is someone who can make the redzone catches in traffic so we don't have to settle for 8 field goals in a game.

Ok, I just found stats to back this up (it should not be that hard to find red zone stats, but that's beside the point):

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/redzone.htm

Last season we got to the red zone 55 times, a number beaten by only five teams (NE, Jax, Indy, Cincy, and Dallas) but once there we got tds only 20 times, 36.4% of the time, which puts us last in the league. With our 24 red zone fgs we were able to put points on the board in 80% of our red zone opportunities, but we need to turn some of those fgs into tds.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fast receiver concept is bogus because the fastest Wrs in the draft hardly ever are the best downfield threats. TO, harrison, holt are not burners.

Many are making the same mistake with Wrs that they make with Rbs assuming that 40 time = explosiveness at the nfl level when it doesn't mean squat.

Troy williamson ran a 4.32 in the combine and has an average yard per catch of 13.5. Drew bennett has a career ypc of 14.4.. Nuff said?

I don't want a particular type of WR i want a damn good one! Sweed was explosive in college and averaged 17 and 16 yards a catch the last 2 years. He is a big guy and big Wrs like that can be a deep threat without great timed speed..

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You should read around more. The walterfootball link I posted in the other thread is the same, plus two more rounds. Though I think they'd both be better with 1) Groves then 2) Manningham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar