Best Mock So Far!?!?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by soopacee, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

sweed sucks

i just got curious and decided to see how the best WRs in this draft class stack up when it came to having big games(100 yards+) keep in mind these are career numbers.

sweed: 5
    desean jackson: 8
    manningham: 11
    kelly: 9
    devin thomas(played WR for less than two years at mich S.): 7
    james hardy: 14
    doucet: 1(wtf?)
    lavell hawkins: 3
    earl bennett: 9(had 3 200 yard performances)

at least sweed could beat out doucet.....

2. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I am not sure that 100 yard games are the best barometer of a college WR.

3. Fry

ok, then how about career yards, touchdowns and catches....

d. jackson- 162 catches 2432 yards 22 tds
    kelly- 144 catches 2285 yards 21 tds
    devon thomas- 85 catches 1350 yards 9 tds(23 games played at michigan state)
    manningham- 137 catches 2310 yards 27 tds
    hardy- 191 catches 2740 yards 36 tds
    doucet- 160 catches 1943 yards 20 tds
    bowman- 155 catches 2697 yards 25 tds
    bennett- 236 catches 2852 yards 20 tds
    sweed- 124 catches 1915 yards 20 tds

so yeah, once again sweed beats out only a guy who played one full season at WR.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

bigtitan, you realize how run heavy the Texas system is, right? Here's what I like: Sweed is #1 at Texas for tds in a season (tied with Roy Williams) #2 for career tds (behind Williams) and #5 on their all time recieving list. And since you quoted 100 yard games, only six players have had 7 or more 100 yard games while playing at Texas. Also, if you want to throw 200 yard games, Texas has only had one reciever achieve that once. Sweed is a playmaker and would be a huge help to our recieving corps.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

His YPC isn't very good either, so the 'run heavy offense' point is mute.
    He's just not 1st round material. If someone can get him in the 2nd, it'll probably be good value, but he just doesn't seem to do anything special to where he'd be a solid contributer in the NFL. (he wasn't much of one in college)

6. Fry

and michigan isn't a run heavy offense? manningham had 13 more catches but 400 more yards.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'm no expert here, but I'll consider the numbers put up by Texas' young qb as counter evidence to that.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I would not judge a receiver by # of 100+ games some teams like Texas don't throw the ball a lot and when they do they have about 5 receivers they can throw to. If you were going to judge receivers by this you might as well move up all the Texas Tech and hawaii receivers becasue they are obviously the best out there. LSU threw the ball a ton but they also had lots and lots of targets to get the ball to. Another thing about Texas is that most of the teams we played we blew out and Sweed usually didn't play too much past the 1st series of the 3rd quarter nor did he play but 3 games of his senior year due to injury.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

No you are no expert so what you should do is defer to those that are experts when it comes to Texas football.

Texas can pass but we prefer to kill people with our running game.

10. Fry

then he should have plenty of time to kill inferior competition.

ted ginn did!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar