Best pick for Titans Rd. 1?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ftballkicker21, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Mannigham will probably go late in round one or early in round two now that he had a good workout. He is a quality WR but teams will prefer the bigger WRs first IMO and DeShawn will go earlier than he should because of his return ability. Sweed, Kelly, Thomas, Hardy and DeShawn will probably go before Manningham IMO.

It will be interesting to see which players the Titans have in for a workout.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so much for that.

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3296271"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3296271" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

^^^^^^^^^^
    The quote was from the guy that runs a NFL draft site, not me.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and my quote was from a guy who gets paid a lot of money to do nothing but talk to nfl scouts, not me.

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

All these guys get paid a lot of money and talk to NFL scouts I just listed about 5 websites that don't think he is 1st round material. ESPN has Sweed as the 18 best player in the draft and Manningham as the 27th. So if you think according to ESPN that Manningham is a 1st round linebacker then you have to recognize the fact that they think Sweed is the better receiver of the two.

As for receivers in this draft ESPN has them currently ranked like this.
    1. Malcom Kelly
    2. Limus Sweed
    3. Deshaun Jackson
    4. James Hardy
    5. Mario Manningham
    6. Early Doucet

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Manningham, Felix Jones, DJackson, or Groves would be fine with me.

7. Do you watch ESPN at all? Mel Kiper has Manningham going 16th or 17th with Sweed going to the Titans at 24th. This was before he dropped Sweed and had Mayo going to the Titans at 24.

8. Last time I checked a 40 time has absolutely nothing to do with football. Speed is important, obviously, but when it comes to running routes and the ability to catch the ball in important situations Manningham takes the top spot.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^please! Look at the best 40 times since 2000...

Fabian Washington
    Jerome Mathis
    Stanford Routt
    Darrent Williams
    Yamon Figurs

All pro bowl talents right there!!

How about running backs??
    Justin Fargas
    Derrick Blaylock
    Tatum Bell
    Michael Bennett
    Maurice Jones Drew

1 guy that's a great player.

WRs:
    Jerome Mathis
    Yamon Figurs
    Aaron Locket
    Santana Moss

1 guy in the last 7 years that turned out to be good. 40 times mean nothing.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

How many of those guys were 6'4 220 lb guys and still ran a 4.4 40.

You left out Roy Williams who also ran a 4.3 40, How about that crappy Deon Saunders, one of the fastest to ever play the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar