Best place to sell my DVDs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RavensShallBurn, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

While we're talking about this, does anyone know what the best blu-ray movies are?

I got TDK with my blu-ray player. I'm sure a movie like Avatar of Saving Private Ryan would be great on blu-ray. I'll probably be looking to buy somewhere around 20 blu-rays over the next couple of weeks.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Check out www.blu-ray.com. They have great reviews. I always check their reviews before dropping $20-30 on a blu-ray. No telling how much money they've saved me by dissuading me from picking up blu-rays that are actually duds.

Anyways, some of my favorites from my collection are Zodiac, Iron Man, Hellboy II, Pan's Labyrinth, Zombieland. And I have the James Bond 10 movie collection and all the ones I've watched so far have looked great. Also, anything Pixar is guaranteed to be amazing.

3. RavensShallBurn

I appreciate it, man. I'll be looking into those reviews for sure.

I'm pretty stoked about the blu-ray player I got. It's one of the better ones on the market... Samsung BD-C6500. I'm looking forward to streaming Netflix films onto it.

I strongly considered buying a PS3, but I realized that I would be betraying my 360 and that I would never play it. I would use it only for the blu-ray. If the PS3 was still the cheapest blu-ray, I would have bought it.

There's only one problem... I need a new TV. I still like the one I have (Samsung 32" 720p LCD), but I will probably upgrade sometime soon and get a 40"-50" TV with full 1080p.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^Vizio makes some solid T.V.'s for cheap. The 47" I have was only $899. You could go with Sony or Samsung, but I don't see why you'd want to waste money for the same thing.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You can play Motorhead Cds on your new Blue-Ray..

6. RavensShallBurn

:headbang: YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

:yes: :yes:

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Heck, I buy new DVDs for $4-6 bucks, I'm just not buying the new releases. Stick with Hoffa's suggestion and donate the ones you want to get rid of to charity and write it off.

8. JCBRAVE

^That's not worthwhile for a write-off. With his income it probably doesn't make sense to complicate his return with it. Have a garage sale or try the flee market. I've donated hundreds of dollars in personal stuff, and when it came time for taxes, my accountant explained that it wasn't worthwhile to deduct the stuff.

9. RavensShallBurn

I have no idea how that works. I know my dad did something like this, but I wouldn't know what to do.

10. JCBRAVE

^If that's the route you take. All you need to do is take them w.e. you decide, and they'll give you a slip that you write the value out on. I believe you can claim 50% of it's value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar