Best QB's who will be available in Round 2?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KelvisKblam, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J.'s "let down" season was attributed to a few things. 1.) He did slow down, BUT only because he was battling an injury from early on all year. 2.) Amano did NOT show up as expected. When your middle is squishy, you're more likely to have bad company in your backfield. And 3.) No RB to soften the D with. In 2008, and even times in 2009, LenDale made way for C.J. to slash the defense.

As far as Andy Dalton, he's a solid QB, but since he looks like Rusty Smith, no thanks. JK, he's worth as much attention as anyone. Let's discuss him....

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just shows how good CJ truly is when a "let down" season is:

1,364 yards, 4.3 avg, and 11 R. TDs

7th in the NFL for Rushing Yards
    6th in the NFL for Rushing TDs

When that's a "let down" season, I can't wait to see him next season :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What does that say about a QB prospect when every team in the league passed on him in the first rd? and a few passed in rd 2? For a QB that is significant to me that if a guy like Mallett falls to us in rd 2 it might be for reasons that make him not worthy for us to even take him there.

Many QBs will fall all the way to the 4th or 5th rd once they start falling. I bet a couple of the names mentioned will be there in rd 4. Stansi and Ponder perhaps.

Not many quality QBs in the league who were drafted in rd 2.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

White had some, but not much to do with CJ stinking up last season.... The season that CJ achieved 2k+ yards, White was absent for most of the season so it's not really the fault of not having White as much as it was the Oline...

We need a QB plain and simple... once the defense starts dropping back due to an actual threat at QB.. CJ can do his thing...

Back to the topic (somewhat) If we get flynn... do we even draft a QB in the draft? or get one in like the 6th or 7th round?

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think Ponder will be gone Rd 2. I see the QBs going like this:

Newton (top 15)
    Gabbert (top 15)
    Locker (Seahawks 1st)
    Ponder (Redskins 2nd)
    Mallett (_______)

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yes but it was the most inconsistent 1300 yards i think i have ever seen.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar