Best war films...Memorial day special..

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by RollTide, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Hurt locker sucked. Jar head sucked.

They don't make war movies like they used to.

Apocalypse Now...amazing movie.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Hurt Locker was critically acclaimed and won 6 Academy Awards including best picture.

Okay Scarecrow :rolleyes:

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

critically acclaimed to suck balls

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I did a job very similar to EOD while I was in, just chock full of inaccuracies.

5. Titans Eternal

aka, it only beat avatar because holywood are facist pigs and thought "hey a chick made this ****** war movie, so lets ignore this amazing 3d movie by her ex husband. THAT'LL SHOW AMERICA THAT WOMEN ARE EQUAL!"

WRONG.

WRONG.

STFU XO AND GO FEED A HOMELESS KID OR SOMETHING.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Stop Loss was made for the MTV audience.

Again, a movie that brought attention to something that needed to be talked about at the time.

It is simple and not complex, it was okay.

Not sure how Jarhead is unenjoyable.
    I agree it tried really hard to be something that it wasn't but it was still good.

Just tried naming movies not mentioned.

Everyone likes Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, Saving Private Ryan and so on. How are we going to discuss those?

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Avatar sucked and ripped off countless other books and movies. ****ing horrible movie. You should be ashamed.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Most "war" movies are chock full of inaccuracies from what I understand.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jar Head absolutely sucked.

The Hurt Locker was great. I don't think it was the best movie of the year though. That distinction belonged to Inglorious Basterds, but a movie like that will never win Best Picture.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titans Eternal

FMJ did kick much ass. Love that movie. Favorite part is when he finds the asian chick sniper.. I wonder, was that supposed to be Apache, The female sniper who would skin her kills?

Carlos Hathcock put an end to that *****. GG Marines. Too bad the military screwed one of the greatest heroes of the Vietnam war out of his pension. Pathetic. 2 more weeks and he would have had 20 years. Instead, they discharged him because they found out he had MS.

Sometimes I really, really regret my time spent in the Army. Met a lot of amazing guys though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar